Lincs - Saturday

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeMeMe

Gents, It would appear that a power greater than me has decided Christmas should be on a Sunday this year - that's right, Santa is stopping my normal run of misses at a CPSA Ground! So - anyone know of anything occuring in Lincolnshire on Saturday? Didn't shoot last week and since I normally miss more than I hit (literally - still striving for that 50% hit mark! Poor form...) I can't afford not to be out practicing. So - I've found Sinclairs is open Saturday. Any others?

Thanks Vic - went across to Orston. My first time there being new to the area - nice ground, good clubhouse, nice sausage sarnie and good layouts with plenty of choice.  Was there with a couple of friends and having tried DTL for the first time earlier in the week I shot another round and managed 21/25 hit which I was pleased with. 12/25 on the Sport Trap, 20/40 on the Sporting and an abysmal 10/25 on the ABT - damn they move quick! Second ever time on DTL, first on ABT, 2nd on Sport Trap and about 7th on Sporting so pleased with how it's heading. Most importantly a nice local ground to keep heading to! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

That ball trap is something else isnt it /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif My opinion its a great way to blow through 2 boxes of shells in double quick time. Shoot, move, shoot, move, shoot /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif  talk about fast, and thats just the ballet between stands /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif dont get too disheartened on abt, 10 is a pretty good effort for your first go, especially when you are trying to remember where you are supposed to be shooting from and when to move!

Thanks Fuzrat - I was actually laughing most the way round finding it hilarious! Can someone that shoots Trap more often explain some of the etiquette though please? I was tending to reload the gun (DTL and ABT) after I'd shot so I was ready to go again. When I walked from 5 to 1 I unloaded but walking from say 2 to 3 left cartridges in.Is that poor form? Should I be unloading?Sport Trap I unload between moving cages but stand loaded while other shoots are taking their turn.When I say loaded, I mean cartridges in, gun broken.And on ABT and DTL there are pads on the floor for resting the gun on - as a mainly sporting shot I tended to just stand with it over my arm. Is there an etiquette around the pads or just there to save your arm? We did one round with a chap who obviously shoots trap quiet often and his son and every shot they rested on pads following.Any thoughts appreciated regarding safety aspects and I wouldn't want to shoot in a comp or All Rounder and not be following the rules.

DTL always unload between stations, loaded/broken between shots is good as it keeps the rythym of the squad going. Ref should call "unload and change" after the last in the squad has shot their last bird. ABT I always used to unload between but was told you can leave one in whilst moving 1-5 then completely unload going back to 1, thats assuming you hit with the first shot /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif  not sure on the etiquette for autos, other than the chucking spent shells infront of your neighbour problem with trap. Quite correct to unload with sportrap, again ref should call "unload and change" no probs being loaded/broken in the cage, again keeps the squad rythym going. Little pads on the floor, personal preference. I like to use them or rest on my toe when I have shot trap, all part of my routine. Gun on pad, put in shells, turn them to read the makers name, relax and listen for the guy next to me to shoot, look up, close gun, Dust it /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif  Thats the theory anyhoo. I try not to watch the others in the squad shoot, stops me trying to guess which bird im gonna get /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif 

DTL, perhaps more than any other discipline, is one where etiquette is important. It's all about concentration so don't do anything that may distract others on the line. Guns should be rested on the floor and not moved until it's your turn to shoot. You only need to unload your gun when moving from pegs 5 to 1. There's nothing to say you can't unload when moving between the other pegs but very few people do.

Oh, and above all, don't use a semi auto for trap (unless you like shooting on your own)!

Latest posts

Back