Voice Release System

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigshot

Hi All

I'm new to this forum, was just after some opinions.

I want a DTL voice release system and saw a set on UK Release Systems website (www.ukreleasesystems.com). It's a BRB system and looks pretty good, looks like there are lots in the USA.

Anyone used them over here in the UK weather?

Thanks

My mate has just bought one for an ABT layout in County Durham - It's been running for 4 weeks without issue and we've had some wet Thursday evenings in Co Durham. Also Skeet and sporting layouts close to it and there's been no problems.

Welcome Bigshot.

No personal experience with this system, but the following text is from their manual: “Do not allow any component to be immersed in water.
Due to the trap house often being subterranean and water logged keep the power supply / relay box off the floor.
The button box can be protected by simply covering it with a plastic bag and securing it with a rubber band.
The main control unit can easily be protected by placing it inside the provided control box cover.
Placing thin plastic bags over the microphones, secured with rubber bands protects them from water and appears to have no noticeable effect on operation.”

Not stating it would be a problem, but when they refer to plastic bags over the microphones, this tells me they don’t have a high ingress protection (IP) value.
IP value has 2 digits, the 1st specifies protection against dust, the 2nd against water.
Complete info can easily be found on the internet.

If you can find a system rated at IP69, you don’t have to fear UK weather conditions😉, but I guess IP67 or IP68 will be the max. (and maybe even this is not available)

Baronsa from France also has a few different options, of which some doesn’t seem to be very expensive.
No info on their website regarding ingress protection, so don’t know if they can survive UK weather without additional protection.

Good luck in finding a system that fulfills your needs for a decent price.

Back