The "new" Power Blue

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perazman

Has anyone tried the new version of Lyalvale's Power Blue?

Is it purely cosmetic? I rated them when they were first introduced but they seemed to go up in recoil over time. It would be nice if they'd made them smoother again.

PM.

The old Power Blues were my regular cartridge and now I have shot about 750 of the new ones through a B725, an inertia semi and a gas semi.

To me they feel smooth, I can't say I'm aware of the recoil, they hit the target well and performed as expected. 

I didn't even know they had changed the box, looks like I just bought 500 of the old ones.

Recoil wise I don't feel their any different to the Velocity + and Superbs I had been using.

The new ones have a nickel plated head and are advertised as lower recoil, better ballistics blah blah blah. I wondered if it was just cosmetic.

Several of us bought a bulk order when they first came out. £169 a thou! They were lovely to shoot but they most definitely changed. Two of us couldn't bide the recoil of the second batch we bought.

PM.

I liked the old ones but not the recoil , so went to golds as smoother, but price dictates a change in the future..

From 1st June, Coley's will be fibre wad only for pay and play practice, so last week I was chatting with their ex manager. He'd been shooting the Power Blues in fibre and was so impressed he reckons that's all he's going to use from now on. I'll probably pick up 500 tomorrow and give them a go.

From 1st June, Coley's will be fibre wad only for pay and play practice, so last week I was chatting with their ex manager. He'd been shooting the Power Blues in fibre and was so impressed he reckons that's all he's going to use from now on. I'll probably pick up 500 tomorrow and give them a go.
Fibre  - good point!

My comment above refers to fibre, just about everywhere I shoot demands fibre so I haven't bought plastic wad cartridges for years.

be interesting to see how you find them recoil wise etc , let us know if you would be so kind. thanks

Well I slotted a slab of 28g fibres in with an overall purchase of 1000 bangers and lobbed  1 box into my bag and tried them straight away. You really do know about it when they go off. They seem very loud and are definitely quite thumpy but then that may be normal as I'm not used to fibre wad shells.

They're manageable though and I'll use them where I have to, but I'll stick with plastic till either they get banned or I get too old - whichever comes first.  😄

I shot some at the AGL express masters. Plas wad I assume. Horrible recoil. Yuk. 
I’m running low on cartridges only 1500 left of old power blues, but with all the negative comments about the newer ones it’s left me wondering why express decided to alter/change something that had a pretty good reputation for something that sucks.

Now I’m undecided what to buy that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.

I shot some at the AGL express masters. Plas wad I assume. Horrible recoil. Yuk. 
I'd imagine they were the new version as well. I don't think I'll bother trying them and just stick with superfasts. I wish they'd never changed the original loading.

PM.

I’m running low on cartridges only 1500 left of old power blues, but with all the negative comments about the newer ones it’s left me wondering why express decided to alter/change something that had a pretty good reputation for something that sucks.

Now I’m undecided what to buy that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
Try Gamebore EVO

I'd imagine they were the new version as well. I don't think I'll bother trying them and just stick with superfasts. I wish they'd never changed the original loading.

PM.
Super fast plas wad are very soft. My mate shoots them, so was really shocked by the Power Blew-my-head-offs..

I seem to recall that some were complaining about the recoil of Superfarts, not too long ago. Have they changed the loading too  ?  The ones that I am using seem to be the same as they have always been. 

I seem to recall that some were complaining about the recoil of Superfarts, not too long ago. Have they changed the loading too  ?  The ones that I am using seem to be the same as they have always been. 
The fibres are punchy. Don’t confuse plas and fibre?

Back