A1 Helice Xmas Shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlenPresley

Just got back from the A1 Xmas Helice Shoot. Was freezing.First shoot since I got back to home soil!Shot the new proposed format for Helice to be used at the Europeans I believe.Was no issue though took a bit of getting used to and seems to be a lot quicker.Managed 2nd 19ex20 (missed my 1st target out) and Elvis (Dad) managed a straight so the Presley's managed a nice 1,2 a nice couple of prizes and a bit of cash which should help the shooting!!!Nicola managed 3rd so was a nice late morning afternoon laugh and shoot!Off for some Fitasc Sporting tomorrow at Hornet! Happy Days! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Glen.

Hey 'Lucky' ........... You shot well ..... But Elvis is my main man. :)I loved the Xmas get up. Where the hell did you get pink spandex leggings from that fitted a bloke your size. Diamanté fasteners on the boots though made it a bit 'Plymouth Hoe' :)))))))

Well done both! Shouldn't this be in "Trap" section though? /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Ha no Tob'sIt is in FITASC because it is a FITASC discipline.

It is trap and sporting based. But which ever it is.......it is still FITASC :)Come and try it when it opens up again in March :)

My brother said he always wanted to try helice one day,might come and join you,how many targets do you shoot and whats the cost, what choke and shot size, lot of questions i know but i,ve never seen it.

If you have to ask you cant afford it /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Shoot 20 birds in a comp, in singles about £1.50 a bird/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif  Choke, tightest you got. Carts, 28g 7 1/2s will be fine. Have a looksee at this vid

Looks exciting, what's the rationale behind firing 2 shots when the first is clearly a hit?

Hi Tony. Look on my FB wall at 2/12/11 and you will see real Helice 'fast' Helice in a video of Ghedi in Italy.It is being changed at the minute from one stand on a layout to a 5 position stand like in OT and UT.Price £1.20. Come and have a go when it opens up again in March.

Hamster said:

Looks exciting, what's the rationale behind firing 2 shots when the first is clearly a hit?
 Same as shooting the bits in dtl i spose, bit of practice just dont shoot the white again, might shove it over the fence and make it a loss /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif

like the sound of the 5 stations, station 1 with a hard right worm burner out of the far right trap should be fun /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

All FITASC disciplines have what is called 'full use of the gun'.

Real shooters know that when you have full use that there is going to be a time you are going to use it so it is a good idea to occassionally fire a second shot just to keep you in tune! Obviously not all the time but shooting a bit every now and again keeps you focused if you need to use that second shot!!!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

What it does not show is that the collar is still on. It is not shooting at bits. Glen is right though some shoot the bits if they have shot off away from the target. This is good for practice as our targets do not fly in a straight line they jink and change direction.What is wrong with shooting the bits anyway?

nowt wrong with shooting the bits /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif I do it on no birds in sporting usually hit em too, shame I cant hit the whole ones /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif  But thats just me gives me an extra chance to pull the trigger /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Andy, thats called instinctive shooting, hence on feathered birds I hardly miss but clays are soooooo long in the sky, I nod off waiting for the kill point and forget to wake up again .

Matt, can you get this lot shuffled over on to a separate heading. It's hardly Fitasc is it? 

Latest posts

Back