BioAmmo Rex - bio-compostable cartridge case and wad.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosmicblue

Having shot a few thousand Jocker's bio cartridge with the carboard/cork cupped wad with good results, I was slightly saddened to see the price rise from £215 to £233/1000 in 24grm form.   I get my carts from Claverdon Cartridges so whilst there last week was offered BioAmmo Rex 24Grm 7.5/lead for £206/1000 as an alternative...bought 2000 on the spot and shot a round of 100 sporting targets at Kibworth SG earlier this week.  Both the case and the wad are vegetable oil based and will, eventually decompose to nothing.

Carts work well, seem rapid, felt recoil in 24grm form falls into the 'firm' category, great breaks even at rangey targets slightly odd aroma from the discharge gases, leaves the bores fairly clean, not much not to like.  Cut one open to see what the internals looked like - image below.   Its in one of the borders in the garden to see how the compost process works now.

20210507_174009.jpg

IMG-20210507-WA0001.jpeg

Thanks for the review, at that price I would willing try them as well, that's if I could get any locally

Yes they are available in steel shot 24g - 28g and 32g clay and game Claverdon Cartridges have them is stock.

Its in one of the borders in the garden to see how the compost process works now.

please report back on how long it takes to decompose, the expectation is if just lying on the surface it could take a year plus, as plastics described as decomposing due to composting are aimed at landfill rubbish that get covered by tons of other rubbish that generates heat and micro organs that do the decomposing. 

Back