Beretta 682 Help Needed!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelrain

I've just bought a lightly used beretta 682 trap that has been in storage with the last 16 years.Im having a problem with the forend catch when I put the forend onto the gun the latch won't lock down no matter what pressure I put on it,is there any way to adjust the catch to get it to close? 

My guess is that the wood has swollen a little, where was it stored ?

It was just put up against the the barrels in the case but it wasn't latched on I think.

My guess is that the wood has swollen a little, where was it stored ?
I suppose there is no easy way to solve the wood swelling on the forend?

Not than drying it out and that will take some time, if you sand it down it would fit, but when it does dry out it will not fit like it should ! that's if it is the wood that's a problem ? end of the day its only a Beretta !

Last edited by a moderator:
Not than drying it out and that will take some time, if you sand it down it would fit, but when it does dry out it will not fit like it should ! that's if it is the wood that's a problem ? end of the day its only a Berretta !
She's an old girl this Beretta so maybe a bit of time fettling will get her going again,and as the saying goes the older the fiddle the sweeter the tune.She might only be a Beretta but she's my Beretta😉

I did have a 682x step rib once ( heavy bugger ) then someone suggested I should visit a Doctor.......😂

She's an old girl this Beretta so maybe a bit of time fettling will get her going again,and as the saying goes the older the fiddle the sweeter the tune.She might only be a Beretta but she's my Beretta😉
Hope you get it sorted 😉

Take it you've stripped/cleaned and lubed it since you got it and it still doesn't close

Take it you've stripped/cleaned and lubed it since you got it and it still doesn't close
I managed to get it sorted there now,As said above bit turned out to be that the wood had swollen on the forend.I removed the iron from the wood and it attached perfectly to the barrels on its own,I then put the iron back into the forend with a thin shim inserted under the front of the iron to give it just enough clearance for the complete forend to fit back on the shotgun. 

Appreciated the help lads👌

Back