Miroku recoil pad removal

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieTrapper

I have just purchased a Miroku 800 skeet 28” o/u shotgun in mint condition first registered in the US. I want to check, clean and lubricate the action. However it is fitted with a WHITE LINE Pachmayr recoil pad, made by Gun Works Los Angeles. There are no holes to unscrew the pad, does anyone have any advice on removal without damaging the pad? Many thanks for any help

I have just purchased a Miroku 800 skeet 28” o/u shotgun in mint condition first registered in the US. I want to check, clean and lubricate the action. However it is fitted with a WHITE LINE Pachmayr recoil pad, made by Gun Works Los Angeles. There are no holes to unscrew the pad, does anyone have any advice on removal without damaging the pad? Many thanks for any help
You can’t always see the holes. They are not drilled holes as such, if you poke around and look closely you should see small marks in the area where the screws are, well that’s how I’ve always found them. When you find them lubricate the screwdriver before putting into the pad. Prevents splitting the pad and makes it easier to push in and turn. Most of the ones I’ve come across have Phillips screw heads. I have heard of one or two that have glued onto the stock, but I think it’s rare. 

You can’t always see the holes. They are not drilled holes as such, if you poke around and look closely you should see small marks in the area where the screws are, well that’s how I’ve always found them. When you find them lubricate the screwdriver before putting into the pad. Prevents splitting the pad and makes it easier to push in and turn. Most of the ones I’ve come across have Phillips screw heads. I have heard of one or two that have glued onto the stock, but I think it’s rare. 
I strongly recommend putting some lube on before inserting  !

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the same pad on my B25 John Moses Special, mine had slots for a  flat bladed screwdriver, not Phillips style. 

Probably depends on what’s available when fitted or replaced or whatever . John Moses!!! Wow a rare gun mate! Look after it Phil.

He will appear and see all this soon! 😂😂😂
No the single malt will get him first, then he sees nothing .

Latest posts

Back