Sportarm new Perazzi ejector springs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingTrotter

Any thoughts on this - £55 for 2 springs, some grease and a small block of wood - not least as I have a pair of MX12’s so would need 2 sets ?.

I have had issues with the ejectors especially with the larger fancier game cartridges with larger brass caps and had my springs changed - don’t think my gun smith charged me anything like £55 a set 🥺

image.jpeg

Personally I would avoid aftermarket components and stick with the OEM springs. I'm not saying its the case here but often the design & materials are carefully chosen to allow wear to compenents that can be replaced thus increasing the gun's life. Fitting something different may change that balance and result in something else becoming a problem - perhaps in this case the ejectors. Also I'm sure why you would want more power to eject cartridges - it just means a battered hand or a longer walk to pick the empties up !!!

I remember some years ago Wisemans of Cannock had a customer who kept  coming back to the shop with ejector issues , demanding stronger springs be fitted , so this was always done to customer satisfaction until one day the customer came back and asked for the original springs to be refitted ! WHY?

He had been checking the spring repairs at home in the living room with brass snap caps and put two through the tv screen.

Clean chambers would be worth investigating.

Personally I've a;ways found the Perazzi springs way stronger than necessary in the several different models and many guns that have passed thru my hands (looking for the magic wand).  My common practice was to cut six coils off the things and then they seemed just fine.  Took quite a load off the ejectors and would still spit the empties about four feet - plenty for me.  Then I tried the J&P springs and have become quite happy them to the point of replacing the ejector and firing pin springs in all the guns with the J&P.  Incidentally, the J&P ejector springs are the same free length as the chopped Perazzi springs.  Another case of "great minds" ?

just a thot

I’ve never understood why a competition gun needs ejectors! It’s easy enough to remove them and put them in the bin, so long as the ejectors still lift the shell. I think Browning once made a gun with ejectors that you could turn off with a small switch of some sort. 

Wasn't that Beretta where you could switch them off with the 692 and they even had problems with that I believe

Not sure about Beretta but there was definitely at least one Browning that had a switch of some sort. 

Wasn't that Beretta where you could switch them off with the 692 and they even had problems with that I believe
Yes you could switch off the ejectors on the 692 but they came in for some stick, presumably due to the unneccessary complexity for something nobody wanted, by the time I bought mine they had reverted back to fixed ejectors.

Yes you could switch off the ejectors on the 692 but they came in for some stick, presumably due to the unneccessary complexity for something nobody wanted, by the time I bought mine they had reverted back to fixed ejectors.
If it is something you’d fancy, I believe it’s an easy swap between parts for either fixed or selectable ejectors. I have the selectable set in my gun and switching between raising or ejecting the shells is a quarter turn with a small screwdriver. I don’t switch often but I like having the option. Most of the stick beretta got was for “failures” of the selectable set, as each selector has o-rings that can snap if allowed to dry out. I keep mine lightly oiled and they’ve been good +20K rounds, but I do keep a spare set about. Probably means I’ll never need them :)

Latest posts

Back