Lyalvale Express Shot Size

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b348xyx

Hi All,

Just wanted to confirm lyalvale express shot sizes if anyone can confirm. as been shooting power gold in 7 1/2 and only recently realised the difference in shot size in the UK and places.. so thinking moving over and shooting 8's instead now I know :p

looking for shot size in the Power golds

Express Power Gold ----- 7 1/2 ----- 2.4mm ?

Express Power Gold ---- 8's ----- 2.3mm ?

thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
UK pellet sizes are usually smaller than Europe or US.

UK 7½ is typically 2.3mm with 8s being 2.2mm. AFAIK Express and Hull always use UK sizes but for some reason Gamebore Diamond shot is Euro size but their cheapo shot is not.

I think Hull have a pellet size chart on their website.

So cut one open to check.

power gold in 7.5

pellets size from 2.38 to 2.43Mm

counted pellets inside 352 

————————-

So a power gold in 7.5 works out a UK size 7 as 2.4mm.

so would mean a power gold in size 8 would be a uk 7.5 and should be near 400 pellets.

6C258A95-663C-4174-943D-F05FF4B99F53.jpeg

ACAC36A8-C7F2-4134-A85D-2A9C5B2500A9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say, does it really matter ??
Hehe, this is true. It doesn’t really.

I just wanted to know as was interested 😂 and thought as I found out would post.

ignore me now 😂 just me over thinking things.

Don't worry theres plenty out there that think it matters, and the cartridge manufacturers love them 😉

I have to say, does it really matter ??
I would say it dosent matter at all.

Been using PG 7.5 for a long time now, never bother switching to 8s, if the shots in the right place it will break 

The 7.5 will break 99% of long range targets you will see  at any ground , so use them and forget about switching, one less thing to think about  

Latest posts

Back