Kibworth SG

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigginspadger

Good to be out shooting with my eldest son  (he’s 42, only  been shooting for a year or so), we were at Kibworth SG yesterday, pleased and relieved to see the same staff remain in control - Matt always has a smile and is a happy encouraging guy, Rose her usual cheerful busy self in the gun shop, it was cold out  in the wind, but stayed dry throughout, shot 100 sporting, good targets, some reasonably straightforward,  some challenging, i shoot a 694, my son a 525 I was really impressed with the improvements the new owners have invested into the ground during the latest lockdown, the access/approach road has been tarmaced, reception area much improved. Damien, with his business partner, must be applauded for taking on such a huge responsibility, being prepared to invest massively in the facilities, especially during such difficult and uncertain times. But what prompted me to write about this was-I was really surprised how quiet and lacking in fellow shooters the ground was? There was hardly anyone at the ground shooting in the afternoon, even on the air gun range there was just one person shooting. Although from my perspective, it was great to wander uninterrupted from stand to stand, no waiting, no queues, it’s like we had the whole shooting ground to ourselves! Has anyone else noticed that the expected surge in demand at other Shooting Grounds after the enforced lockdown has not materialised as yet? Or is this just a one-off?

Out of interest what was the cost for 100 sporting

Last edited by a moderator:
From where Ive been, Longridge - busy, Coleys - rammed, Barbury (collection) - busy enough for late thursday pm, Oxfordshire - rammed, was due to go to Gunsite today - it was sold out. Others have been out more than I and from what ones heard most places it seems have been brisk / busy.

Kibworth is my local ground. I agree with everything PS says. The ground looks great and the staff are spot on. 32p non members & 26p members. Its a very good rate for members with membership only being £50 for a year.

I've been there once since lockdown but with a broken thumb it was to button (bit*h) for others. I cannot wait for May when the split comes off and normal service resumes.

My local ground was very quiet yesterday as well.  Today it was really busy. I expect it's down to the fact the weather was sh*te yesterday and it's sunny today.

Blimey. It must be trap that’s packing them in then. East Yorkshire CSG has had close to a full car park every weekend since shooting recommenced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after your excellent create of the staff and ground improvements it's highly unlikely to stay so relaxed on Saturday afternoons from now on 

Best of luck with future business Kibworth 👍👏

Highly competitive I would say

Kibworth is my local ground. I agree with everything PS says. The ground looks great and the staff are spot on. 32p non members & 26p members. Its a very good rate for members with membership only being £50 for a year.

I've been there once since lockdown but with a broken thumb it was to button (bit*h) for others. I cannot wait for May when the split comes off and normal service resumes.
The staff are fantastic, and are what make this ground my favourite place to shoot, and, when I have finished shooting,whatever number is on the Claymate Counter at the end of my round, I’m always asked if I had any “no birds” which are then deducted from the total-I my experience, not many Shooting Grounds allow this? Just a small detail, but shows they realise things are not always perfect? They value my custom-I appreciate and respond to that. 

Well after your excellent create of the staff and ground improvements it's highly unlikely to stay so relaxed on Saturday afternoons from now on 

Best of luck with future business Kibworth 👍👏

Highly competitive I would say
I have no doubt that, 3 years ago,the previous owner of The Shooting Ground, one Baz Burnham, for whom I have the utmost respect, could have most likely sold the Kibworth Shooting Ground to a greedy developer for an amount of money far in excess of that which he received, but selflessly, purely for the reason he wanted, and insisted, that the Shooting Ground should remain as it was-a Shooting Ground, for that we should be eternally thankful, and for the new owners, who share our passion and desire that the Kibworth Shooting Ground continues, albeit in an enhanced and improved form, well done to everyone concerned, you have all done a fantastic job!

Orston has had sportrap and esp 100 bird registered on today and I think Grange Farm has had 100 bird esp registered on today as well. Orston was absolutely rammed with cars. It that area a lot of people will just shoot the Sunday at one of the local comps, that could account for the numbers being a little low yesterday.

We were at Kibworth last Wednesday and it was busy, my third trip there and I’ve always been made welcome, toilets clean, ground clean, good targets and staff going round all the time we were there working and yes, we noticed the drive way had been done too.  I just wish I lived nearer as it’s a great ground.

Latest posts

Back