ESP Registered First target, double barrel option after "no bird"

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Coleys yesterday, St11 first a l-r crosser fairly (for most) straightforward the report a big & quick battue, third pair I miss first target, think but don't 2nd barrel it then the report target breaks on release and is a no-bird, so called "no-bird, pair again first target established as a loss" For the repeat the option to then double barrel the first target is "lost too"? Will admit been a while since Ive scored / reffed and I nor the ref nor any of the squad knew nor felt confident in our thoughts, consensus was that for the repeat there is no the option to double barrel and the (easier) target is "lost". Anyone?

Coleys yesterday, St11 first a l-r crosser fairly (for most) straightforward the report a big & quick battue, third pair I miss first target, think but don't 2nd barrel it then the report target breaks on release and is a no-bird, so called "no-bird, pair again first target established as a loss" For the repeat the option to then double barrel the first target is "lost too"? Will admit been a while since Ive scored / reffed and I nor the ref nor any of the squad knew nor felt confident in our thoughts, consensus was that for the repeat there is no the option to double barrel and the (easier) target is "lost". Anyone?
First bird established is the answer, so regardless of what happens when you take the pair again, the first result stands. So in your case it’s lost and on the score card, just the report(2nd) target to count.

REPORT PAIRS 24.22

When a second target of a report pair is declared “No Target” the result of the shot at the first target will stand and the competitor will be asked to repeat the pair to determine the result of the second target.

24.23 When re-shooting the pair, the competitor must make a reasonable attempt to hit the first target before attempting to shoot at the second target.

24.24 Referees must ensure that competitors adhere strictly to rule 24.22. If a violation of rule takes place, the Referee shall ask the competitor to repeat the pair (1st target established). If the Competitor violates rule 24.22 on three occasions, then at the third occasion the second target will be declared “lost”.

Latest posts

Back