First time

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

Yes it’s finally happened, after six very long months I’ve been shooting. A 100 birder at Ferndale shooting ground, nothing fancy just a great bunch of blokes and the fluffy rabbits between everyone was brilliant.well it’s impossible to mention it here but Bernard manning would have been proud.

It all felt a bit odd at first, just like I was starting out for my very first time, rusty doesn’t go far enough,timing and gun hold positions were all over the place, which often led to me over leading and missing in front. Still first one done now it’s onwards to the next.

Fluffy rabbits..... where did that come from

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it’s finally happened, after six very long months I’ve been shooting. A 100 birder at Ferndale shooting ground, nothing fancy just a great bunch of blokes and the fluffy rabbits between everyone was brilliant.well it’s impossible to mention it here but Bernard manning would have been proud.

It all felt a bit odd at first, just like I was starting out for my very first time, rusty doesn’t go far enough,timing and gun hold positions were all over the place, which often led to me over leading and missing in front. Still first one done now it’s onwards to the next.

Some of the words such as profanities are auto corrected to another word.  The B word you tried to use is included to stop derogatory comments being excused as that word.  

Great news that shooting is open again un wales. Enjoy. Thankfully, Not long to wait here. 

Some of the words such as profanities are auto corrected to another word.  The B word you tried to use is included to stop derogatory comments being excused as that word.  

Great news that shooting is open again un wales. Enjoy. Thankfully, Not long to wait here. 
˥o˥ pɹɐʇsɐq pıdnʇs ǝuo sʎɐʍlɐ sı ǝɹǝɥʇ ʇou sǝop ʇı sıɥʇ ǝʞıl ǝdʎʇ noʎ ɟı ʇoN

Managed to wander round Fauxdegla sporting this morning. 9 months or so since I shot anything. Couldn't miss! 200 targets and I dropped maybe 20 or 25. Shot most of them gun down,  Singles, report pairs, simmos.  Lovely cool morning up in the Welsh hills with a view for miles. Bloody marvelous.

Maybe it was just being relaxed about it all and enjoying it. It won't last but it sure was fun! :)   :)

You Welsh fellows getting some practice in before Coleys? Glad to read you can all get out and about 👍

Just hope that the covid spike doesn't cross the channel. No longer in the EU so it shouldn't.

8 days to go for me. Holland and Holland of all places! New owners seem OK with reasonably priced events now. Never been so will be a box ticked and a fun morning hopefully. Heck knows how I will do. Usually after a short break I’m just in front of everything but 4 months off is unprecedented. Could go either way. 

Off to Park Farm next Tuesday to pick up cartridges and have a couple of rounds of UT practice.

The last time I shot was 30th December, I reckon the next few days will pass like the proverbial 'watched kettle'. 

I think they are somewhere between the springing teal and the slow incomer  !     😄

Off to Park Farm next Tuesday to pick up cartridges and have a couple of rounds of UT practice.

The last time I shot was 30th December, I reckon the next few days will pass like the proverbial 'watched kettle'. 
You can easily speed that up. Do some painting and watch it dry.......great fun 😒

I have to admit Phil, I never really settled with UT, no idea why though. OT and ABT fine, but not UT. Having said that, they mucked about with ABT a few times over the years as we know and I still preferred it the way it was 30 odd years ago. ABT was always my favourite discipline by far. 

I have to admit Phil, I never really settled with UT, no idea why though. OT and ABT fine, but not UT. Having said that, they mucked about with ABT a few times over the years as we know and I still preferred it the way it was 30 odd years ago. ABT was always my favourite discipline by far. 
Now this is intriguing to me!! Ive never understood why some people make a distinction between abt ot and ut,i shoot them all and can only see benefits as the steadier abt and ut help me gain confidence on the slightly more dificult OT.Its always a pain to get OT shooters for the countie from abt and ut even though they are pretty similar styles of shooting.

Now this is intriguing to me!! Ive never understood why some people make a distinction between abt ot and ut,i shoot them all and can only see benefits as the steadier abt and ut help me gain confidence on the slightly more dificult OT.Its always a pain to get OT shooters for the countie from abt and ut even though they are pretty similar styles of shooting.
You’re absolutely right Paul. I went from ABT straight to OT without a hitch and still prefer OT to UT, can’t explain it at all. 

Latest posts

Back