Barrel length on a Browning cynergy

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie Dykema

Hello I have been shooting sporting clays for a few years now and am looking to purchase my first over under. I am looking at the browning cynergy cx composite and my question is I was sure that I wanted 32" barrels but have talked to the sales person and the pro at the range I shoot and a shooter I met on the course and they all say get the 30 in the cynergy, looking for more opinions before I order , can anyone help?

Hello I have been shooting sporting clays for a few years now and am looking to purchase my first over under. I am looking at the browning cynergy cx composite and my question is I was sure that I wanted 32" barrels but have talked to the sales person and the pro at the range I shoot and a shooter I met on the course and they all say get the 30 in the cynergy, looking for more opinions before I order , can anyone help?
So, were you using a semi auto up to now? That could explain why a Cynergy feels OK to you. It’s a very different gun compared to a traditional o/u, so be sure it’s right for you long term. It will make it hard to shoot something traditional in the future. Regarding the barrels, the 32” is a very popular length for sporting in most guns, but again, the cynergy has a balance problem that will be worse in 32” form. Please try a few more guns before you buy a Cynergy is my advice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Will about trying some other O/Us.

I tried a 32" Cynergy Black Ice about 10 years ago. The balance was very much forward as the compo stocks weigh less than walnut and the trigger pull felt weird - heavy and sort of spongy is the only way to put it.

The Cynergy is probably the least popular Browning ever made and as rare as hen's teeth on reg sporting shoots.

I have a 28inch one I bought several years back! The plastic won't age well and scuffs easily, they are front heavy (but with room for weight in the back) and limited in there adjustability (Not much cast, spacers and larger butt pads for lop) You'll find it difficult to get replacement parts/extras too.

I pull mine out every now again for a little fun, but that's it! 

Latest posts

Back