Teague chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Browning xs

Hi all this is my first post 

I have a pair of teague invector plus super extended Titanium for a Browning or moruku

1/4 and 1/2 as new £100 posted 

Thanks David 😊

Presuming you asked the mods if it was okay to post this then, being a first post and all? Bit rude otherwise.
I’m baffled by this post chap? How would it be rude to join a clay shooting forum and advertise an item used by the member type of that forum? Without (certainly to my knowledge) contravening any rules.

If anything you’ve made the forum seem entirely unwelcoming which I suspect would steer the poor bloke away from engaging again. 

Maybe I’m missing something..

Some forums don't allow new members to post for sale items until they reach a certain number of posts

Mostly to stop people from joining just to sell items and never be heard from again after they have sold them

What he said.

Not sure if it breaks any rules, probably not, but there's definitely been a few times on here (and generally on other forums I've been a member of) where a first post has been an advert and the powers that be aren't overly chuffed cos it is a bit bad juju if you've not asked their permission first. It's not just shooting related, but there're other websites to sell things, but they charge and forums are free, so they globally get a bit abused unless there's a bit of etiquette involved: nothing a quick ask to the mods doesn't get round, but it is generally good form to do so. That's all.

not my rules, probably to do with what ColinD said but ive benefitted from buying off here in the past. hey ho it is what it is its been done now!!

Thanks H, knew I'd seen it somewhere.

Unfortunately, Had this when I was a mod on other forums... they were/are for bringing likeminded people together with mutual interests, but if it becomes too easy to sell something then disappear cos that's a your only intention, the thread count went up but quality of actual topics went down which becomes an annoyance to the regulars.

Admittedly, it's a snowball effect so a few won't matter a few times, but it can be a pain in the fundament if it happens a lot. 

Not my rules, I've enquired about buying stuff off here too, just was pretty sure something had been said before, and also had it from a mods point of view. Sorry if anyone's been bummed out by this, just trying to do what's right by the people who work hard to maintain our lovely forum. 😊

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah - I'd prefer, for the protection of members, that posters have a bit of history before selling stuff.   It's always nice to know who you are buying from. 

I really object to commercial posters selling without asking... thats rude.   I'm not here to make money, but I'm also not a mug. 

That said - shootbay section is for individual classifieds...  caveat emptor etc. 

anyways @Browning xs welcome to the forum !, and enjoy , a lot can be learnt as there are some usefull help and tip ect from the people on here. Dont hesitate to ask where/when/how 🙂

I’m baffled by this post chap? How would it be rude to join a clay shooting forum and advertise an item used by the member type of that forum? Without (certainly to my knowledge) contravening any rules.

If anything you’ve made the forum seem entirely unwelcoming which I suspect would steer the poor bloke away from engaging again. 

Maybe I’m missing something..
Hopefully makes a bit more sense now fella, and I wasn't just doing it to be obstreperous.

Maybe if you has asked on here, it would have saved you from buying the Teague chokes in the first place  !    :whistle:          

Joe Nash, now I'm a bit confused... Got an alert you put a sad face next to my comment about if the op asked permission from admin, then you liked Matt's post which pretty much just backed up what I said earlier? Bit of a dichotomy where there isn't one.

Not a wallflower, but just feel a bit like I'm the painted to be the villain here a little and I'm not sure what's going on?! 😄

Joe Nash, now I'm a bit confused... Got an alert you put a sad face next to my comment about if the op asked permission from admin, then you liked Matt's post which pretty much just backed up what I said earlier? Bit of a dichotomy where there isn't one.

Not a wallflower, but just feel a bit like I'm the painted to be the villain here a little and I'm not sure what's going on?! 😄
You Could always ask Matt if you want to become a Mod. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back