Has shooting started in Scotland and wales

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRINITY

Looking at news this morning both devolved governments now allowing outdoor sporting activities this weekend. Anyone know if clay shooting is starting in those areas. After listening to the basic details of what is allowed , clay shooting fits within the rules

Looking at news this morning both devolved governments now allowing outdoor sporting activities this weekend. Anyone know if clay shooting is starting in those areas. After listening to the basic details of what is allowed , clay shooting fits within the rules
No, because, at least as far as Wales is concerned, the instruction is to stay local. The government has set a 5 mile limit. I can't see any ground wanting to open to such a small audience.

In any event, it doesn't help us in England. We're still in lockdown and couldn't travel across the border even if a ground were open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there are a couple of grounds opening in Wales from Wednesday. As we are still under lockdown in England, we are unable to travel into Wales to visit those grounds. It seems as if 5 miles is the limit of travel there at present, but that can be exceeded if you live out in 'the sticks'  !  I know some guys who are visiting Fauxdegla next Wednesday. I have been practising my Welsh language but have not got past Abergele, Bangor or Conway at present  !      :whistle:

Well, there are a couple of grounds opening in Wales from Wednesday. As we are still under lockdown in England, we are unable to travel into Wales to visit those grounds. It seems as if 5 miles is the limit of travel there at present, but that can be exceeded if you live out in 'the sticks'  !  I know some guys who are visiting Fauxdegla next Wednesday. I have been practising my Welsh language but have not got past Abergele, Bangor or Conway at present  !      :whistle:
Good on em, we all live in the United kingdom and we should all have the same rights and liberties. What a state we are in when a tin pot nonce  like Draiford can dictate that people do not have the right to visit certain parts of this small island on which we all live.

If you live in England and go to shoot in Wales next week, in the unlickely event you get stopped, you may get a (first time) fine of £200. But could you have your licence revoked?

If you live in England and go to shoot in Wales next week, in the unlickely event you get stopped, you may get a (first time) fine of £200. But could you have your licence revoked?
I imagine this would be the case, and I'd support that. 

Pretty irresponsible really, and it'd certainly put the sport in a bad light if it was picked up on.

And as someone who has travelled into Wales for work, the Police are pretty hot with checking where your coming and going to on the borders between England and Wales

And as someone who has travelled into Wales for work, the Police are pretty hot with checking where your coming and going to on the borders between England and Wales
Oh the irony. All the effort and emotion, diplomatic and political in not creating an hard border on the island of Ireland. But on the island of Britain we are moving towards creating two.

Crossed the border on many occasions for work and have rarely even seen any police let alone been stopped.

Yes grounds are opening, had my first shot yesterday as they were allowed to re open from 12:00am Saturday, enjoyed myself immensely👍🏻, bit rusty though😳😂. The 5 mile “rule” is guidance not law.

Crossed the border on many occasions for work and have rarely even seen any police let alone been stopped.

Yes grounds are opening, had my first shot yesterday as they were allowed to re open from 12:00am Saturday, enjoyed myself immensely👍🏻, bit rusty though😳😂. The 5 mile “rule” is guidance not law.
But do you live in Wales or England, as if you live in England and travel to Wales to have a shoot your breaking the law.

I could travel a few miles from England into Wales to have a shoot but if stopped it's my shotgun/Firearms license thats at stake so I wont be risking it.

But do you live in Wales or England, as if you live in England and travel to Wales to have a shoot your breaking the law.

I could travel a few miles from England into Wales to have a shoot but if stopped it's my shotgun/Firearms license thats at stake so I wont be risking it.
I live in Wales so no laws were broken😉

A journalist asked Dreyford directly, if you are Welsh and travel less than 5 miles but cross in to England what is the law.

At which point he got all tongue-tied and dodgy.

I was yelling at the radio for the journalist to ask him, in the middle of his bumbling excuse for a response, 'and what if I do it after 6 pm?' 

The Welsh police have been pretty conscientious about picking up border ( sorry imaginary line on a map ) crossings into Wales, I wouldn't risk it as a SGC holder for now.

Since day 1 the Welsh muppet has done everything in his power to do whatever is opposite to Westminster in an effort to prove some sort of macho devolution but this is labour territory and they will stick to him like Trumpsters to the orange con man. 

Still, it's nearly over and we can start to get back to being outdoors and together so not worth getting all hot under the collar about I suppose! 

A journalist asked Dreyford directly, if you are Welsh and travel less than 5 miles but cross in to England what is the law.

At which point he got all tongue-tied and dodgy.

I was yelling at the radio for the journalist to ask him, in the middle of his bumbling excuse for a response, 'and what if I do it after 6 pm?' 

The Welsh police have been pretty conscientious about picking up border ( sorry imaginary line on a map ) crossings into Wales, I wouldn't risk it as a SGC holder for now.

Since day 1 the Welsh muppet has done everything in his power to do whatever is opposite to Westminster in an effort to prove some sort of macho devolution but this is labour territory and they will stick to him like Trumpsters to the orange con man. 

Still, it's nearly over and we can start to get back to being outdoors and together so not worth getting all hot under the collar about I suppose! 
Dripford has been imposing a form of martial law on the people of Wales, best thing that can happen is they get shafted in the elections and someone else who has a modicum of sense will see that as very close neighbours England and Wales should be singing from the same hymn sheet, anything else is bonkers.

Good on em, we all live in the United kingdom and we should all have the same rights and liberties. What a state we are in when a tin pot nonce  like Draiford can dictate that people do not have the right to visit certain parts of this small island on which we all live.
Agreed,the farce that is devolution should be stopped as this virus fight has proven it is divisive,unpopular with most sensible people and most of all has hindered the health and wellbeing of the nation of this little island.

Latest posts

Back