Stolen Shotgun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Farmer has shotgun stolen from his truck, Guess he has some difficult questions to answer 

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/crime/2021/03/05/shotgun-stolen-from-truck-on-shropshirestaffordshire-border/
perhaps the thief  should be asked a few too !!!    i was burgled in 2006    shotgun and air rifles stolen    all locked up in a cabinet   my crime was being at work !!    i had to install top end alarm ,  change my two upvc doors to steel  upvc  and cut my front beech hedge down to 3ft    upgrade shotgun cabinet !      gun was found and returned to me in 2016   !    

perhaps the thief  should be asked a few too !!!    i was burgled in 2006    shotgun and air rifles stolen    all locked up in a cabinet   my crime was being at work !!    i had to install top end alarm ,  change my two upvc doors to steel  upvc  and cut my front beech hedge down to 3ft    upgrade shotgun cabinet !      gun was found and returned to me in 2016   !    
But this farmer left his gun in the truck ! And it was stolen between lunchtime on Thursday and 11:20am Friday so a very different scenario to yours 

But this farmer left his gun in the truck ! And it was stolen between lunchtime on Thursday and 11:20am Friday so a very different scenario to yours 
yes point taken , but still theft ,   the onus is always on the owner ,  seems easy times for scumbag thieves     

Having spent a number of years involved with Crime Prevention it never ceased to amaze me that people were reluctant to spend around £500/£600 on an alarm to protect their home whilst they were away on their £5000 holiday  ??       🤔

Found your keys or broke into cabinet ?

Do the police actually responed to house alarms these days, even monitored ones.

yes found my hidden keys  , but lets not forget house was locked and gates locked  !!      police said unless you brick up windows and doors  , they can gain access  !    
Did police not have anything to say about the fact that they found your keys ?

Did police not have anything to say about the fact that they found your keys ?
yes they said keys should be always with the certificate holder ,  but admitted the keys were well hidden  and reasonable security was in place !!   it was the recommendation of the firearms department  to install burglar alarm  and make other security  measures .    so i learned a lesson ,  expensive one !!     wonder if the burglar has ?   

Interestingly , the advice from last FEO visit I had is that the keys should be stored in a hidden key safe ( a quality one ) . They should not be with the certificate holder .  I suspect the reason you had to upgrade is that the thieves might reasonably assume that you would replace the stolen items  .
knife and gun crime     should be 10 years in prison  minimum      no appeals       that would slow the criminals down       police work hard and the courts are a joke .. 

Yes , I agree , that there should be zero tolerance on those crimes . The only thing I disagree with is that it would slow criminals down . Based on the fact that half of them are off their heads on smack , and the other half truly don’t give a monkeys , I doubt many would give the sentence a second thought. 

Interestingly , the advice from last FEO visit I had is that the keys should be stored in a hidden key safe ( a quality one ) . They should not be with the certificate holder .  I suspect the reason you had to upgrade is that the thieves might reasonably assume that you would replace the stolen items  .
Sadly there's not much consistency across the various police forces and their FEOs when it comes to advising on security. I don't think any of them in my experience has ever asked about keys, other than to check that the missus doesn't know where they're kept. By and large they rely on us being sensible with our guns.

Shotgun theft is pretty rare though. I doubt if the average housebreaker would risk a prison term by stealing something that would only fetch a few hundred on CrimBay. The opportunist junkie might well take a chance on a gun theft but even the simplest security keeps them out.

Yes , I agree , that there should be zero tolerance on those crimes . The only thing I disagree with is that it would slow criminals down . Based on the fact that half of them are off their heads on smack , and the other half truly don’t give a monkeys , I doubt many would give the sentence a second thought. 
Dunno if it's still the case, but used to be that if you were caught commiting quite a few different types of crime, and also possessed a firearm whilst commiting them, the sentences were concurrent so there was no insentive NOT to be armed when doing them as it didn't make it any worse if you got caught!

Ridiculous!

Do the police actually responed to house alarms these days, even monitored ones.
NO  !

But in almost 30 years as a copper I attended at countless burglaries, too many to remember. However, I can vividly recall 5 of those burglaries because they had house alarms. The other several thousand did not  !  Oh, and I have been retired for 20 years.

We did attend at alarms back then. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Told the Police get more leads now from home secuirity cameras from around the area including the door bell type

Edit: that's the external ones 😀

Last edited by a moderator:
Back