Suffolk Firearms Dept

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's grants that are having to wait, West Mercia are doing renewals ok as far as I know

Essex processed my coterm renewal in 7 days from receiving doctors letter! Arrived on 8th day.

Wish SWP were as quick, they have had mine for over 6 weeks already and I don’t think it will be renewed up until the week before it expires . 

Quick enough to take the cash though.

Gwent Firearms at Cwmbran were superb with mine back in 10 days.

Interestingly I received a request from my doctor for £30 for them to provide medical information in relation to my application, I dont really mind paying but on the basis the police have already issued the renewal, is it neccessary? i will contact firearms for their advice on the matter but just interested if anybody else experienced the same

If they have issued it and haven't asked for it to be forwarded to them, I can't see the point of reminding them and having to pay out £30

If they have issued it and haven't asked for it to be forwarded to them, I can't see the point of reminding them and having to pay out £30
The doctors letter states they have received a request by the police to provide information in relation to my application, it then goes on to say "Please note that the police have requested a response within 21 days and therefore payment is required within 7 days, should payment not be received by this date then we will advise the police that we are unable to provide the requested information".

I guess it raises 2 points, 1, should I ignore as I already have been granted it and 2, surely if I was a risk due to previous or current medical history the doctors have an obligation to inform the police whether I pay or not?

The bit that the doctor is not telling you is probably as follows . The police letter ends with something to the effect that if the doctor does not reply in 21 days , the police will assume there is no issue .  My doc sent a similar letter to me saying that if I didn’t pay £60 they would write to the police saying I’d decided not to proceed . I rang the FEO he said don’t pay them . If you have your certificate, just ring the FEO and ask his views . 

The bit that the doctor is not telling you is probably as follows . The police letter ends with something to the effect that if the doctor does not reply in 21 days , the police will assume there is no issue .  My doc sent a similar letter to me saying that if I didn’t pay £60 they would write to the police saying I’d decided not to proceed . I rang the FEO he said don’t pay them . If you have your certificate, just ring the FEO and ask his views . 
Thankyou, thats what I am planning to do

This is a fiasco, there is NO  rule / law in relation to the police requiring a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner stating that in their opinion you are fit to hold a shotgun licence. As I don’t have a firearm I can’t comment on that.

Police forces are making up their own rules, and enforcing them arbitrarily, e.g. SWP accepted a medical certificate from a doctor who I have never seen and lives in Kent, and has only my medical record to go by. I paid £50 for the privilege....

The home office need to pull their finger out of their collective arses and provide all the police forces in GB with a definite statement/law to the chief constabulary to sort out this mess.

This is a fiasco, there is NO  rule / law in relation to the police requiring a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner stating that in their opinion you are fit to hold a shotgun licence. As I don’t have a firearm I can’t comment on that.

Police forces are making up their own rules, and enforcing them arbitrarily, e.g. SWP accepted a medical certificate from a doctor who I have never seen and lives in Kent, and has only my medical record to go by. I paid £50 for the privilege....

The home office need to pull their finger out of their collective arses and provide all the police forces in GB with a definite statement/law to the chief constabulary to sort out this mess.
Here Here, it’s not like there’s anything else going on in the world just now.

Latest posts

Back