Opinions required

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill.rosa

I would welcome the opinions of the members on the handling, quality and longevity of the Blaser f3 and Beretta 694 as I shoot with both of these guns but just cannot come to a decision as to which gun I should make my go to gun and leave the other in the cabinet as my spare I shoot twice a week for practice would like to settle on the one gun as because believe it or not I just cannot make up my mind which of these guns is the better all round shotgun,

would genuinely appreciate your help and opinions 

Since 2005 i have used a blaser f3 and whilst its had upgrades at service time its never let me down.I shoot all disciplines (badly) including game all with the same tool.

Never owned a beretta so cant comment on that.

I would welcome the opinions of the members on the handling, quality and longevity of the Blaser f3 and Beretta 694 as I shoot with both of these guns but just cannot come to a decision as to which gun I should make my go to gun and leave the other in the cabinet as my spare I shoot twice a week for practice would like to settle on the one gun as because believe it or not I just cannot make up my mind which of these guns is the better all round shotgun,

would genuinely appreciate your help and opinions 
big george said   keep it a simple game , eliminate variables  !!     I've only got one clay shooting gun !      simples  !!  💥 :victory:  

I do believe it is YOUR decision and YOURS alone  !

As and when we are able to get out shooting once more, may I suggest that you shoot a 100 target practice with each gun. If you are young and fit enough to do that in one day, then do it. I know it would be well beyond my capabilities now. Otherwise shoot on two seperate days but try to shoot similar targets. Maybe that will help you choose.

Flip a coin heads F3 Tails 694 then which ever one it falls on use that one from the 29th of March and sell the other 

If you can't decide then one assumes you shoot equally well with both so its a matter of toss a coin and throw one away ... Job done 🤣

Both guns will last your lifetime, can be serviced, repaired, and are as good as anybody realistically needs. There will be those that prefer one or another but it will often be for personal reasons which are different for you.

I think you have answered your own question. If you can't make up your own mind, why will selling one of them make a difference, or - and I don't mean this in a disrespectful manner to anyone - will your mind change with what we say on this forum.

I would keep both. Toss the coin and pick one and shoot with it for two months. See if you get better. See if the itch to change resurfaces. I expect you will get better but that the inch will return. Shoot the other one, sell one of them or leave it in the cabinet etc. Buy some more !!. Having two guns is just who you are. Enjoy it and enjoy your guns. Anyone who says there is only one gun in their cabinet is telling porky pies.

During lockdown there's been a rise in pregnancies. If only one of them had been the offspring of an F3 & 694.

Bob, The DT10 started to double discharge and although I had the gun repaired free of charge I allowed myself to be influenced into changing to the 694 mainly because I had lost confidence in the DT10 a decision I now very much regret.

Bill

I wouldn't worry the 694 looks a very nice gun.

I agree with others on here - which do you like more?

For my tastes - I would see the F16 as the rival to the 694, I owned a F3 for a while and prefer the triggers to the 694, and would see it priced and pitched more against the DT11 (which would be my choice) 

If you really can’t decide - see which one has the better resale and sell it!

I have two..a Blaser F3 Vantage and a HPX Perazzi DSR.  In theory the Blaser was the wet weather gun as it was just sacrilege to take the beautiful P gun when the weather was less than perfect.

However.... the Blaser proved that the made-for-me Perazzi really didn't fit that well by evidence of consistently better scores so the P gun has been having an extended Winter break with Tim & Flo Greenwood who have refitted it with extensive modifications - awaiting collection when we have free movement again.

Keep two guns - the one you like most for decent days and the other one when conditions dictate.

A gun that fits you perfectly may still be one that you can’t shoot well. Fit is only half the story for sporting. My least preferred gun of the two I have is a lovely fit and more comfortable than my preferred gun. 

A gun that fits you perfectly may still be one that you can’t shoot well. Fit is only half the story for sporting. My least preferred gun of the two I have is a lovely fit and more comfortable than my preferred gun. 
Will, what things make you prefer the less comfortable gun?

Will, what things make you prefer the less comfortable gun?
The forward weight. It’s actually the forend, even though you would usually find it’s the barrels. (A Perazzi has a particularly heavy forend while a Blaser has one of the lightest).

The forward weight. It’s actually the forend, even though you would usually find it’s the barrels. (A Perazzi has a particularly heavy forend while a Blaser has one of the lightest).
Do you mean the metalwork Will? I find the shape and density of the forend wood can make a lot of difference. Back when I was shooting a Perazzi I had two forend woods and there was 90gm weight difference between the two. 

Do you mean the metalwork Will? I find the shape and density of the forend wood can make a lot of difference. Back when I was shooting a Perazzi I had two forend woods and there was 90gm weight difference between the two. 
I have fairly normal sporting forend, nothing big and trappy. Haven't seen if a lighter version is available, but don't reckon it can be much from wood saving. The large amount of steel is the problem. I could likely make the gun feel right with a game rib barrel and maybe come down to 31" but that is not a cheap fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back