Telescopic magnetic cartridge collectors

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEABAG

Any recommendations for the above. Looking for a durable, easily telescopic one, that folds down quite small for easy carriage.

Bushwear and Seeland seem to have poor reviews, nothing too silly price wise, its just for occasional use of my auto.

Thanks in advance.

Well a quick look on google and the cheapest that comes up is £18, but I have no idea of the quality but for occasional use looks ok to me

ebay.co.uk/itm/MAGNETIC-CARTRIDGE-STICK-COLLECTOR-SHOOTING-SHELL-PICK-UP-STICK-TELESCOPIC/193764819149?hash=item2d1d4880cd:g:E2UAAOSws6RefPR8

I made mine from a decent selfie stick, screwed a pile of neobedum magnets to the end, extended length about 700mm collapsed length about 250mm goes in my skeet vest pocket a treat 

Well a quick look on google and the cheapest that comes up is £18, but I have no idea of the quality but for occasional use looks ok to me

ebay.co.uk/itm/MAGNETIC-CARTRIDGE-STICK-COLLECTOR-SHOOTING-SHELL-PICK-UP-STICK-TELESCOPIC/193764819149?hash=item2d1d4880cd:g:E2UAAOSws6RefPR8
Thanks Colin, hoping to get a response from someone who uses one.

I bought one of these after seeing them on the stands at EJ Churchill at Swinton Estate . Mine came off eBay a  while back about £30  .  The locking mechanism is adjustable and tough enough to be used as a walking pole ( tested by a lady friend who loads  for me on pheasants ) . The magnets are powerful enough to retrieve cartridges and not have them fall off if they brush against grass etc .  I have tried those extending mechanics car aerial things , they are small but won’t pick up multiple cartridges . 

A4748AA3-A9B5-45E0-89E8-0721B72BE59C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
For use in a pigeon hide I use one of the £1.99 extending magnet things for cars. It has a rubber grip on 1 end and a magnet on the other. When folded it fits into my cartridge bag and has made things easier when picking up the spent cases ejected from my auto. I also have a 'Gripstick' a bit like the green thing pictured already. Someone left it in the boot of my car after a game shoot, some 8 years ago. I did contact those that had been on the shoot, but nobody claimed it. It is not the lightest of things,  but has a clip to fix it to the sling on a gunslip. As for using it at a clay ground, the problem is, if people are waiting to shoot I try to get out of their way as soon as I have shot. No problem with catching the shells from the O/U but the auto chucks the empties everywhere. If they land inside the cage I will pick them up by hand, those outside the cage I leave. I do make up for it by picking up all of the empties left in the cage by others,  before I shoot,  most of which have been chucked there by break open guns.   

I've got the one branded by 'Decoy' 

Got it for game shooting, I shoot a bit of driven duck and can rinse through a fair number of shells over a good drive, so having the stick is just a lot easier than picking up a load empties that are all over the place by hand.

This one picks up about 20 at a time, is telescopic, I attach the top to the top ring on my gunslip using the clip, then the magnet sticks to the bottom ring which is quite handy.

Cost about £25 and has served me well over the last couple of years.

Thanks everyone, great help. Will buy one of the above recommendations.

Amtech make one which is very good for less than £5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloomin eck, that Gripstick thing that I was 'gifted' is £54 on Amazon. They do have similar at £15 though    !

Bought a "Decoy" model, came with free shipping, £27. Thanks again everyone for your input.

Latest posts

Back