Ho dear a come back on the cards !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balltrap

I am missing my shooting, after spending most of my life shooting and had some 2+years out I feel the need to shoot once again ! I fell out with shooting because I was a competitive person but was not competitive anymore, but there is more to it than trying to win ! its called enjoyment. Having spent the last 4 years being a bailiff for the Angling Trust ( that's not easy ) I need to chill, so shooting for enjoyment is on the cards from now on.

Welcome back.....  I was the same once, the score mattered.  I started shooting with a truly excellent shot who had a different approach - once a pair had been broken, he'd try breaking the next two in a different place - on the way up or down etc.  Now the score doesn't matter for me either but having more fun does...can't wait to get back out there.

I am missing my shooting, after spending most of my life shooting and had some 2+years out I feel the need to shoot once again ! I fell out with shooting because I was a competitive person but was not competitive anymore, but there is more to it than trying to win ! its called enjoyment. Having spent the last 4 years being a bailiff for the Angling Trust ( that's not easy ) I need to chill, so shooting for enjoyment is on the cards from now on.
Ah, but think of the money that you saved  !    :whistle:

WELCOME back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy what you do. As you know I gave up competing about 4yrs ago (also highly competitive) I now only shoot so the dog gets a retrieve 🤣 

I know people who’ve been doing that for the last 45 years ... normally when pound notes are involved ...
You can always tell if they can shoot by there stance and gun control.....its never works !

Ah, but think of the money that you saved  !    :whistle:

WELCOME back.
Thankyou Keith, I may pop in here more just to have a little fluffy rabbits 👍

I think anybody who shoots this year will effectively be making a comeback. 
I thought that after the first lockdown. Our 5 man squad shot a 100 birds on the first day we were released.  4 of us scored between high 80s and very low 90s. However, one of us (not me) shot a 99/100.  He thought that the rest had done him good. 

I thought that after the first lockdown. Our 5 man squad shot a 100 birds on the first day we were released.  4 of us scored between high 80s and very low 90s. However, one of us (not me) shot a 99/100.  He thought that the rest had done him good. 
Yeah it’s weird. I have done well after a break before, usually first time out. Then the rust sets in. 😂

Yeah it’s weird. I have done well after a break before, usually first time out. Then the rust sets in. 😂
Could it be because one concertrates more? The next time out, maybe thinking that the previous shoot went well....and relax........too much.

I think it's because you concentrate less. You have no expections and just get on with the 'process' without thinking about making it better. I had 6 months off in 2018 and I came back better but it did wear off as I looked (my mistake) for further improvement.

I also think you body is rested with less niggles - that may not always be the case though !!

Reactions: ips
For sure it’s a mind thing, much like new gun syndrome. Shooting with low expectation and without anxiety. Post first lockdown we all noticed recoil though. And a couple of muscles weren’t as used to it as before. 

Latest posts

Back