Black Gold & Gordon Recoil System parting ways?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordieboy

AFternoon,

so then, somebody told me that Gamebore and the Gordon Recoil System were parting ways?  Anybody shed any light on this?

I had a couple of slabs of Blue diamond and liked them a lot at first, but about half way into the first slab I was having difficulty opening the gun.

At first I thought something was wrong with the action, so I ejected and closed and opened the gun a couple of times and all was good.

Nit satisfied with this, I removed the barrels for a quick inspection, but count see anything wrong.

I remounted the barrels, loaded a couple more cartridges and upon ejecting has the same resistance to opening.

I repeated my inspection and on the next pair, again with the resistance. That’s when I realised it was the cartridges.

I emailed Gamebore and was told (I’m paraphrasing) that due to the Gordon recoil system having an absence of ‘brass’ across the face of the cartridge, the ‘brass expands. If the batch is close to its maximum tollerance dimension, or the gun breach is maybe a touch in the small said, or worse, a combination of the two, then the cartridges are known to be difficult to eject.

To be fair to Gamebore, they offered to take back the cartridges, but as I was quickly down to half a slab, I just put up with it until they ran out.

...or it maybe that their new quad seal is as good, or even better??
I have used the best part of a slab game shooting and felt they were excelent with no issues but I have read on another forum and seen some photos of half the case missing after being fired, possibly some issues with the eley version also, early days i guess

We don't get them here at all, strangely. Plenty of Gamebore around, but the Gordon ones sell only in the UK? Must be a licensing issue, but I haven't found any other cartridges with the 'system' that do sell here. I'd fancy trying them out. 

The Gordon system incorporates a special base wad in the cartridge head that claims amongst other things to reduce felt recoil as it compresses when the shell is fired . They are easily recognised as you can see a plastic ring on the head . I’ve been using the #6  30gm Black Gold game for a few seasons . You’ll not find it on budget or club cartridges .

1A2E1A53-C2D6-4E78-8DA0-5E6F7999C56A.jpeg

so which fiochi would any of you guys like with the benefit of the gordon system fitted ?

good point, expecting all the excuses when we get back to it why everything has gone up 15/20% anyways

Latest posts

Back