A very ShootClay Christmas - 23rd December at Churchills

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
The tree is up in the ShootClay household, and I've just popped the sprouts on to boil ready for Christmas Day - so thoughts are turning to mince pies and turkey.So – as discussed on the Churchills thread, I'm proposing that we send a delegation to tackle the EJ Churchill Challenge, details as follows:

• Date : 23rd December
  • Time : 10am
  • Format : 100 targets shot over 9 stands incorporating a 20 target sequence run to CPSA English Sporting Rules
  • Cost : £37.50 with £2.50 going into a the prize pot
  • Payout : Prizes for high gun, and prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in a handicap system based on 4 undisclosed stands. Details here : http://www.ejchurchill.com/chu.....lenge.html
My suggestion is that we book in for 10am ish starts - squads of 2 or 3 to minimise wait times and keep things moving along quickly.  I will also put up a bottle of champagne for the highest ShootClay shooter on the day (using the handicap system that Churchills are using – to give everyone a chance). Sidebets actively encouraged.After the shoot – we can all retire a local hostelry for a pint and some lunch. Add names underneath and I'll ping out an email once we have a list – I may also try and block book our entries to see if we can leverage any discount.Serious buyers only, no tyrekickers /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Matt, a very good plan/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif, gonna do my best to make this, will let you know within a day or so.

should be able to make this i cant remember last years shoot although i remember my score/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif  what is the 20 bird thingy is that like a flurry? or more of a fitasc thing

Should be able to make it the diary is free at the moment! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I'm in :)  Won't be able to do the pub afterwards as will be heading straight to Cheshire. Cheers, Jon.

Hmm need to plan this. I'm out on the razzle night before, then driving back to Cambridge. Probably have a hangover but it's sort of on the way back home.

Hi Matt, I can confirm my entry now./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif 

Me and Mrs Fuz /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Matt, Did you manage to get any discount on this or are we booking our own times?

I'm going to block book early next week - and talk to my contacts there to see if we can get some discount. I'll take final list of names on Monday from the thread.

Sorry won't be able to make it, have fun smoke a few for me! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

GlenPresley said:

Sorry won't be able to make it, have fun smoke a few for me! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif
Unfortunately me either as I have had my leave cancelled for the Friday :(  Have a good time all!! Jon.

Bah Humbug /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif  I assume you work for Scrooge Industries Inc./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif

Come on then people, we need a couple to replace Jon and Glen?!

I'd love to go but I just can't see it due to inability to drive legally from the night before

Latest posts

Back