Oh, how I wish...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Flintstone

... that at times like this, I had access to a VERY large field or two, and a clay trap.

:hunter:

There are only so many times I can clean a gun that has not been used!!! 
Roll on February March???

I don't think we're moving on from this until April/May.

Hopefully by then most of us will have been vaccinated, but I'm not really having much faith in that happening going by the testing fiasco 😟

Me too, can't see many of us squeezing triggers much before June.

The government (whom I didn't vote for this time around) are in a near impossible position, they must have done the arithmetic regarding how long it will likely take to vaccinate the population and have decided that the truth is unpalatable for release.

For the sake of simplicity let's assume the entire nation of about 60m people is going to get jabbed (reality says they won't because children and others will be excluded).

100,000 jabs a day takes 600 days

200,000           -                300 days

The current jabs are 2 shot jobs, so the above has to be done twice -  I read today that Johnson and Johnson in France are seeking approval for 1 shot dose version.

If the authorities can figure out how to jab 500,000 people a day (maybe 24x7) then there is a chance that we will be out to play again by mid summer - assuming that there is a follow up for the 2nd jab and we are deemed safe to out/mixing.

Last edited by a moderator:
... that at times like this, I had access to a VERY large field or two, and a clay trap.

:hunter:

There are only so many times I can clean a gun that has not been used!!! 
Roll on February March???
I had exactly that a few years ago, and a manual trap...........now I live in the town, so will have to wait.

I think we’ll be out again in about 6/8 weeks... they won’t keep the lockdown on any more than they need to. This is more another “put the brakes on”, to get the R back down, which we all knew was going to happen after people mixing at Xmas, allowed or not, even before the new strain.

The vaccines are great news, they will just take time.

To be fair, like them/vote for them or not, I think Gov have done the best they can in these extreme circumstances... BoJo will never please 60M people.

Hopefully this week we'll see a big ramp up in vaccinations. As a county, seen how it was the first to approve the roll out does seem to be slow compared to other counties. 

The rate per population doesn't even match the USA which is aparrently having all sorts of issues and is being reported as suffering no leadership and disorganized. 

One thing that has bugged me is that some that have had it think that it is a pass out to so what they like. 

I have an elderly Aunt who thinks she can visit family when it becomes effective and carry on as normal.

She get quite angry when you explain that doesn't work that way as she could still transmit it and also,  It would be a bit galling for those of us unlikely to get it due to being younger with  a  much reduced risk of it being serious having to stay locked up to  avoid passing it to the vulnerable and elderly who haven't had it.  That's why we all agree to be locked up isn't it? We could quite reasonably go about our normal business without a serious threat to our own health or blocking up the NHS.

If does stop transmission then give it to younger people who are generally more productive who can get on with their lives and get back to work etc.  

Apparently, as of today , angling and shooting are allowable as a form of exercise for an individual , but not for an organised gathering such as a clay shoot , or a driven game shoot . 

Much will come down to the numbers. I have not seen any demographics for the age ranges currently in hospitals & dying. They are vacinating by risk so I remain of the view that the majority of deaths (and thus hospital beds & care) are in the groups identified as needing the vaccine first and those will drop off as the vaccine is received. There is no doubt the mid Feb target (mentioned by BJ) will slip but equally if we all do what we are told, the R number will also drop. I appreciate that is a big ask for a lot of people who seem to know bettern than understanding a few simple principals. I also assume that those in the average working populus (say 25 to 65) are at a low risk as they are low on the list of vaccine recipients. The government have not targeted any high risk occupations other than the health services which again suggests age is a big factor - not what you do.

Personally, it's cold until late March so if the guns away until then Ok by me.

I think it's finally dawned on the government that vaccinating teachers would be a good plan, then they won't be able to bunk off work as they won't be at risk of infection in the classroom. As for the demographic of those in ICU and worse they'll never release those stats into the public domain.

Even within the NHS, it’s still targeted vaccines only. My wife is staff at a Kent hospital... vaccines started before Xmas, but for ‘patient facing’ staff only (which makes sense). It’s all about the volumes that can be done realistically in the beginning, and pushing that volume to those that would benefit the most.

Apparently, as of today , angling and shooting are allowable as a form of exercise for an individual , but not for an organised gathering such as a clay shoot , or a driven game shoot . 

Hmm... and 2 ‘individuals’ can meet outside (England)... so 1 + shooting coach?!?

It’s not going to happen as the grounds have closed, so in effect you still need your own land, in which case you have not ‘left home’ in the first place! My coach was looking at this idea on Tuesday... he discussed it with CPSA, but was a no-go... just too risky.

It’s unlikely anyone will die from not clay shooting, granted there may be a surplus of clay pigeons but we’ll have to rely on grounds to continue feeding them throughout the winter...

Vaccine + Warmer Weather + Finally people taking it seriously + other unpalatable truths = I think we’ll see a releasing on conditions around Easter (April 2nd)

As some one said Feb and March usually crappy weather anyway!

It’s unlikely anyone will die from not clay shooting, granted there may be a surplus of clay pigeons but we’ll have to rely on grounds to continue feeding them throughout the winter...

Vaccine + Warmer Weather + Finally people taking it seriously + other unpalatable truths = I think we’ll see a releasing on conditions around Easter (April 2nd)

As some one said Feb and March usually crappy weather anyway!
Well agreed, I won’t die from not going shooting... but it’s this social distancing that is getting me. I’m having a hell of a job trying to stay 2 metres away from Mrs Flintstone as it is, and to now not be allowed shooting as well....

😂🤣😂😂🤣🤣

(..and yes, I love her really!)

(? Well, she might see this!)

Well agreed, I won’t die from not going shooting... but it’s this social distancing that is getting me. I’m having a hell of a job trying to stay 2 metres away from Mrs Flintstone as it is, and to now not be allowed shooting as well....

😂🤣😂😂🤣🤣

(when shooting stops, humour is about all we are left with!)
I’m finding it a blessing !! 😀😀 Get’s me out of seeing ‘family friends’ that I can’t stand !

Well, the upside is I haven’t been into the office since March, having now a third forced break from shooting for a good few weeks, no dining out, cinema, pub, coffee & cake with the Mrs, shopping or holidays. I’ve saved at least ten grand, three grand from my commute alone and the “you tight fisted northern b’stard” comments have stopped 😁

Even within the NHS, it’s still targeted vaccines only. My wife is staff at a Kent hospital... vaccines started before Xmas, but for ‘patient facing’ staff only (which makes sense). It’s all about the volumes that can be done realistically in the beginning, and pushing that volume to those that would benefit the most.
It's about keeping frontline staff well enough to continue to do their jobs. I had mine on Thursday. The speed of the vaccinations is now ramping up and will be much slicker with the army involved. I reckon we will be shooting by March.

Latest posts

Back