Glasses for over ear defenders.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJD

I’d like some suggestions for glasses that fit well with over ear defenders, I currently have beretta race which are no longer made and they need replacing in due to scratching.

Budget isn’t endless but Pilla could be considered if they fit and are worth it

If you use the MSA/Sordin type of ear defenders, I'd suggest buying the gel "cups" before buying new shades. I used to get achy ears due to the earcups pressing on the stems of the glasses, but since changing to the gel-cups I'm sorted. If you want to buy new ones anyway, Pilla really is in a league of its own, though I have read other recommendations on here for cheaper options (Randolph and other if memory serves). Be sure to try the lenses you may want, as preferences really vary from shooter to shooter. 

The Pilla 580 are a fair bit cheaper than the ubiquitous Outlaw X7/X6

They’re a partial frame design with individual lenses rather than a frameless mask style, so you need to be sure you can get along with having a frame.
The frames cost around £120 and lens £100 for a pair. If you buy more than one pair of lenses you usually get a discount of about 20% on the second pair and 40% on the third etc.

They can be had as prescription lenses also, but I think the cost of maybe in the region of £500 a pair, but I’m not certain about that to be honest .

One nice thing about the 580 is you can have one pale lens like the CY85 and one dark lens like the CB25 and you can pretend to be Michael Coldsmith-Briggs III (code name "Archangel") the man in charge of the Airwolf helicopter 😁

One nice thing about the 580 is you can have one pale lens like the CY85 and one dark lens like the CB25 and you can pretend to be Michael Coldsmith-Briggs III (code name "Archangel") the man in charge of the Airwolf helicopter 😁
Is the white suit and cavalier hat included then? 😄 *ta-dadadaaah-dadadaah-da-die-da-die-da-die-dadadadaaaaaaaah*  

Agree with trying gel pads - these make a big difference to the fit over the arms of glasses etc.

They don't just make a difference with glasses they are soooo much better than standard pads for comfort

Agree Gel pads all the way. However, I did have a pair of glasses that didn’t have the arms tight to my head and they did after time distort the gel pads and allowed sound in. Best find glasses with arms flat to head, like Pilla have. 

Last edited by a moderator:
happy new year!

Thanks guys, I’ll try that! Leads me on to a separate  question.. are Sordin pro x much of an upgrade over Sportac?

happy new year!

Thanks guys, I’ll try that! Leads me on to a separate  question.. are Sordin pro x much of an upgrade over Sportac?
Sordin I believe are just the best. Mine are 13 years old and going strong. They actually aren’t made anymore, they have been “improved” allegedly and are now made as SWATCOM Active 8. 

Sordin I believe are just the best. Mine are 13 years old and going strong. They actually aren’t made anymore, they have been “improved” allegedly and are now made as SWATCOM Active 8. 
Ah, saw this in EJC I believe.. 280 though for shiny carbon 

As far as I know the Sordin Supreme Pro X is still being made.
It seems the UK distributor prefers to have their own range, which is being made by Sordin as well.
Nothing wrong with that, but if you want the original (and cheaper) ones, just order them somewhere in the EU.

Latest posts

Back