wanted

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Browning stock weight kit looks like it will be an easy fit in the stock bolt hole on the B525 SL,  as the stock even looks like it's been machined for the securing foot of the weight kit. Unfortunately It doesn't fit, the stock bolt hole is not at 90 degrees to the apparent foot recess. Also the threaded section of the weight rod hits on the comb adjuster. If you want to fit one you'll have to drill an extra hole in your stock. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Browning stock weight kit looks like it will be an easy fit in the stock bolt hole on the B525 SL,  as the stock even looks like it's been machined for the securing foot of the weight kit. Unfortunately It doesn't fit, the stock bolt hole is not at 90 degrees to the apparent foot recess. Also the threaded section of the weight rod hits on the comb adjuster. If you want to fit one you'll have to drill an extra hole in your stock. 
your right ,  i wont bother  cheers daz   

I've made a couple of weights for my sl from some 16mm brass and made a foot to fit in the stock just need to pilot hole the stock to fit. I don't use them now but if you want to pay me £5 postage you can have them, it consists of two pieces of brass and a foot piece just cut them to the weight you want and nut lock the foot on PM me if interested 

One of my shooting pals has made a sheet lead spacer the same size as the recoil pad, it weighs around 3 ozs. and of course is right at the back end of the stock. Seems to work for him.

Dunno if it's the same dimensions & shapes as a standard 525 Sporter One (2015 model), but I wanted more weight in my stock and the hole running down the centre was perfect for two standard empty cartridge cases (brass at either end) which I filled with lead from a sheet I used for the flashing on my roof! Soft enough to cut with normal scissors, shaped it a little so it didn't move inside... spot on.

Agree with EL. As an alternative to using lead in an empty case, cut the lead section from a (fibre) cartridge and wrap it with parcel tape. You will end up with a 30g weight an inch or so long. Push an old sock down the sock bolt hole and then add one or two weights as required the end; the sock keeps the weight near the butt pad which keeps their effect at the maximum.

Dunno if it's the same dimensions & shapes as a standard 525 Sporter One (2015 model), but I wanted more weight in my stock and the hole running down the centre was perfect for two standard empty cartridge cases (brass at either end) which I filled with lead from a sheet I used for the flashing on my roof! Soft enough to cut with normal scissors, shaped it a little so it didn't move inside... spot on.
Further to this, I cut and folded long strips of lead to size until I got the weight I wanted. It's now balanced much better, no longer barrel heavy, and by checking and changing I was able to get it to where I wanted it.

Agree with EL. As an alternative to using lead in an empty case, cut the lead section from a (fibre) cartridge and wrap it with parcel tape. You will end up with a 30g weight an inch or so long. Push an old sock down the sock bolt hole and then add one or two weights as required the end; the sock keeps the weight near the butt pad which keeps their effect at the maximum.
Blimey you must have small feet 😉

The sock keeps the weights from rattling about.

And its not mine - I still just about manage to stiffle a smile as Mrs Freddypip looks manfully for the lost sock !!!.

Latest posts

Back