EJ Churchill

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k80ben

This past Monday I spent the whole day teaching (like most Mondays) at EJ Churchill’s. And I have to say what they’re doing with the place is tremendous. That much investment in a pandemic year is a credit to Rob & Sir Edward. But the thing that struck me the most was the changing in target quality (Jamie Peckham has joined the Churchill team and is one of the best setters in the World). The targets were exceptional with something for everyone. Speaking to the regulars they all agreed and I’m sure for you that visit regular will have seen the change too. 

With the World Championships there in 2021 I suggest you get to the weekday 100 birders and also the pay and play daily practice and get used to the new settings. As I believe the targets at this World championship will be far superior to the any Worlds held here before when the setting was out of their control and mistakes made.

Support those who are supporting our sport.   

This past Monday I spent the whole day teaching (like most Mondays) at EJ Churchill’s. And I have to say what they’re doing with the place is tremendous. That much investment in a pandemic year is a credit to Rob & Sir Edward. But the thing that struck me the most was the changing in target quality (Jamie Peckham has joined the Churchill team and is one of the best setters in the World). The targets were exceptional with something for everyone. Speaking to the regulars they all agreed and I’m sure for you that visit regular will have seen the change too. 

With the World Championships there in 2021 I suggest you get to the weekday 100 birders and also the pay and play daily practice and get used to the new settings. As I believe the targets at this World championship will be far superior to the any Worlds held here before when the setting was out of their control and mistakes made.

Support those who are supporting our sport.   
Having Jamie onboard is a great catch for Churchills, he is also one of only a few affiliated FITASC course setters in the world 

Another huge asset he has is being able to service and repair Promatic traps with his eyes shut

Good luck to Jamie in this new role and looking forward to shooting his targets 

Having Jamie onboard is a great catch for Churchills, he is also one of only a few affiliated FITASC course setters in the world 

Another huge asset he has is being able to service and repair Promatic traps with his eyes shut

Good luck to Jamie in this new role and looking forward to shooting his targets 

Totally agree. After the issues with targets at prior worlds this will be a breath of fresh air 

That’s brilliant news, I think Jamie is a brilliant course setter.  If you like his targets you should try the shoot he runs with his dad at Kingscote, near  East Grinstead.  Unfortunately I only get to shoot that once a year at Christmas as it’s always held on Saturdays when I’m working. He’s a thoroughly nice chap too!

Shot quite a few of the Reg comps at Churchills over the summer and autumn this year and have enjoyed the targets.  Only one I found really tough was set by George Digweed and even that it was only one of the courses that caused me real grief.

Can't say that I'm with you on the Kingscote targets Donna.  Being in the woods limits what they can do, so it's not as varied as you get at EJC.  Lots of aways, incomers and low stuff.  I don't mind it, can just be a little samey.

Shot quite a few of the Reg comps at Churchills over the summer and autumn this year and have enjoyed the targets.  Only one I found really tough was set by George Digweed and even that it was only one of the courses that caused me real grief.

Can't say that I'm with you on the Kingscote targets Donna.  Being in the woods limits what they can do, so it's not as varied as you get at EJC.  Lots of aways, incomers and low stuff.  I don't mind it, can just be a little samey.
Agree sir. Most of the majors had poor target selection and jamie will straighten that out 2018 had a major there with the worst targets thrown. We’re lucky to have the 2 join forces 

Like I say I only shoot it once a year!   Just nice being somewhere different.  

Agree sir. Most of the majors had poor target selection and jamie will straighten that out 2018 had a major there with the worst targets thrown. We’re lucky to have the 2 join forces 
I suspect his predecessor has appeared at Barby Sporting nr Rugby.

Latest posts

Back