Fingers crossed

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

After digesting today’s proclamation from our chief womble aka Mark dripford, I’m crossing fingers and everything else that we may be allowed to cross the border and shoot in England. Update to come later on in the week...... 😬😬😬

I’ve booked barbury, and coleys, plus looking at the other shoots pre and post Christmas.

What are you planning ??

I’ve booked plenty. First outing since before lockdown will be 50 STR at EJC on Thursday. The sporting was sold out weeks ago! Weather looks crap so at least the STR is under cover most likely. I don’t expect to do well, last lockdown killed my scores and I was just coming back as it happened again. Then I’m doing the new Redricks shoot on Sunday. College Farm on Tuesday. 

I’ve only shot two 100 birders since early September, the first at Dovey valley which was a complete farce and a waste of money,fuel cartridges and time. And St Dials which showed how a shoot should be put on.

So as I said fingers crossed that I can get out and shoot again 

Last time I looked it was not allowed for English to enter Wales for shooting and I presume the same the other way, has something changed with that ? 

Would be nice to attend faudegla sportrap

Oxfordshire Shooting School on the 11th, EJC on the 17th and AGL on the 18th.  Think that'll be the extent of my Reg shoots for 2020.  For 2021, I'm not sure yet, but I think I may have a couple of months of Reg comps and maybe just get some practice in, before starting again when the weather starts to improve.  That may all go out the window if I get bored though. 

Last time I looked it was not allowed for English to enter Wales for shooting and I presume the same the other way, has something changed with that ? 

Would be nice to attend faudegla sportrap
Our chief Womble, will pronounce his thoughts later on this week, however,Once the England lockdown is over there is no real reason to carry on with the ban on cross border travel. Whether you want to cross the border is another thing, all restaurants and pubs are to close at 6pm, no cinemas or bingo, you must stay in a bubble etc,etc,etc

If nothing else ,Covid has exposed the stupidity of all the Micro States created by the nonsense of devolution and Wales seems to have suffered more than most .Hopefully we don`t have to endure another lockdown but who knows what our glorious leaders may do! On a personal note my sporters seem to have become very heavy to handle ,some of the muscles must have withered ,..Anyone else found this?

I was due to shoot in Wales on Thursday, it hangs in the balance at present  !

If nothing else ,Covid has exposed the stupidity of all the Micro States created by the nonsense of devolution and Wales seems to have suffered more than most .Hopefully we don`t have to endure another lockdown but who knows what our glorious leaders may do! On a personal note my sporters seem to have become very heavy to handle ,some of the muscles must have withered ,..Anyone else found this?
I make a point of trying to get at least 5 minutes a day exercising with my clay gun. I did this during the last lockdown and it seemed to work for me.

I leave the gun in it's silicone sock thingy, which saves my having to wipe it down after each session.  I set the kitchen timer to 5 minutes, then holding the gun with both arms outstretched, I lift it above my head 10 times. The arms must be kept rigid throughout this. A short breather, then, mount and swing the gun on the ceiling to wall joint, in the room. 5 times left to right and 5 times right to left. Dropping the gun down and remounting each time. Another short breather and then back to raising the gun over my head, at arms length. Taking a short breather in between each exercise, I can usually do 4 x 10 of each one. So that amounts to 40 times over the head and 40 times mounting and swinging the gun in a 5 minute session. I try to do one each morning and one in the afternoon. If you plan the afternoon session around 4 to 4.30pm. it is just nice timing to sit down with the medicinal glass of scotch  !  I am mid 70's, have had 2 minor strokes and have a knackered right shoulder. As we are coming toward the end of another lockdown, the exercises are just about getting easier by the day.  Just try and ensure that you keep it up (so to speak !). 

After digesting today’s proclamation from our chief womble aka Mark dripford, I’m crossing fingers and everything else that we may be allowed to cross the border and shoot in England. Update to come later on in the week...... 😬😬😬

I’ve booked barbury, and coleys, plus looking at the other shoots pre and post Christmas.

What are you planning ??
Same here I've booked barbury hoping we may be allowed over the border and looking at other possible shoots  

We always do Rich, it’s you messy sods leaving empty cartridge cases lying around 👀👀👀
Now now,  as you well know I’m always 100 straight getting spent cases in bin. You boys be steady on the roads, that M4 midweek has become rather busy 

Looks like I'm on before you all at 11 so will make sure I leave it tidy for you  :whistle:    :)   may see one or two of you afterwards shoot well and enjoy 

Back