Hello from Dartford

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonnieS

Hi all, Ive been shooting clays since January and have just got my SGC. I have shot at sites in Hertfordshire where my friend lives, and can now shoot more locally as I will have my own gun from next week. My friend who has been coaching me is an international RFD, and runs his own firearms manufacturing company making bespoke rifles & shotguns. I look forwards to makingsome friends here!

Welcome, been back shooting 2 years now after a break of nearly 30. If you get a chance try my club ‘Sporting Targets’ in Bedfordshire, fantastic ground. 
All the best. 

Ronnie... did you pick up your gun? What did you get?

... and more importantly... have you managed to get out with it yet! Guessing you maybe went to JJs to try it out?

Hi Ronnie,

Welcome. I’m in Kent too, not long started out.
Hi Fred, thanks for the welcome. Ive been looking for clay ranges in Kent, but I am finding most are the more expensive training/corporate schools and not for general practice.

Ronnie... did you pick up your gun? What did you get?

... and more importantly... have you managed to get out with it yet! Guessing you maybe went to JJs to try it out?
I actually collected 2 guns last weekend, an ATA Arms SP Elegant Gold 12 bore, and a Kofs Sceptre SXE 410 for my daughter who has also decided to take up the sport following a successful test shoot 2 weeks ago. Picking up some cartridges today, and may pop in JJ's.

@RonnieS
Nice!

There is a ground near Erith... not been there yet myself, but they do practice.. you can find it on the CPSA website. Greenfields in Sturry, Canterbury do a pay-n-play, just turn up. They operate cards with delay, so you can shoot solo there. Around £26 per 100.

Willow Farm in Tenterden also do practice.

There is another near Paddock Wood, although they are more expensive. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Fred, they are very useful. Im not too keen on the style of the erith venue, as it looks like clays fired from towers, I prefer shooting in the woods from stands. Re the one in Canterbury, are they ok with a licenced shooter taking an unlicenced friend to shoot to see if they like the sport?

Can I ask where in Kent you are based?

Cheers Fred, they are very useful. Im not too keen on the style of the erith venue, as it looks like clays fired from towers, I prefer shooting in the woods from stands. Re the one in Canterbury, are they ok with a licenced shooter taking an unlicenced friend to shoot to see if they like the sport?
I’ve never asked, but I believe at Canterbury all shooters must have an SGC and their own gun.

I’m near Ashford...

Happy to meet up after Xmas at a ground for some practice, and sharing of excuses as to why the clay was missed!!!

I’ve never asked, but I believe at Canterbury all shooters must have an SGC and their own gun.

I’m near Ashford...

Happy to meet up after Xmas at a ground for some practice, and sharing of excuses as to why the clay was missed!!!
Haha, I like your honesty, its best to miss clays with a fellow newbie! Yes be good to meet up with you Fred, as of now my shooting friends are in Hertfordshire.

Latest posts

Back