Covid tier system.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasper

Well if I'm reading this right , if I live in tier 2 or 1,  according  to the system , I won't be able to attend a shoot being held in tier 3.???

And by the same token if I live in tier 3 I can't travel to a shoot in tier 2 or 1???

Can anyone see through the fog???

Hoping for some clarification from cpsa.

Discuss

Jasper. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if I'm reading this right , if I live in tier 2 or 1,  according  to the system , I won't be able to attend a shoot being held in tier 3.???

And by the same token if I live in tier 3 I can't travel to a shoot in tier 2 or 1???

Discuss

Jasper. 
You’re correct as far as I can see. 

Discuss

Jasper. 
Don’t see how this can be controlled or monitored. 

Discuss

Jasper. 
Its one of the few elements that actually makes sense to me?

Don’t see how this can be controlled or monitored. 
Well maybe not but as a responsible firearm licence holder you should be able to make the right choice or potentially risk that licence????

it's easy to see where you have shot in a reg shoot. 

Jasper. 

Evidence of people travelling to shoots in Wales during lockdown and vice versa during Welsh fire break. Although in previous tiered system CPSA said it was OK to travel to shoot, now saying guidance says you should not ? 

Will be interesting to see how well we as a group show our responsibility. 

Just wondering then ,what about travelling between two identical tiers I.e 3 to 3  or 2 to 2

The intentions of the tiered approach are good. Unfortunately due to the size of each area they have used to implement them on it makes it difficult to swallow in some areas.

Should have been done by borough. It makes no sense in parts of Devon and Lancashire. 

Just looking on UK Government web site. Travel is advised against but not illegal. Therefore I cant see a problem travelling out of your tier

Well maybe not but as a responsible firearm licence holder you should be able to make the right choice or potentially risk that licence????

it's easy to see where you have shot in a reg shoot. 

Jasper. 
Just plead you thought the rules allowed you to be out shooting, they seem to be over complicated so an “honest” mistake. 
One Scottish MP that travelled from one end of the country to the other and back again knowing that they had tested positive for the virus has still not been charged with any offence and still has not resigned so a responsible firearm license holder has been given an example to follow 

Just looking on UK Government web site. Travel is advised against but not illegal. Therefore I cant see a problem travelling out of your tier
No but travel to tier 3 from a lesser one and vice versa is only for essential reasons. Work ,medical etc. Not to pursue a hobby/sport.  . Hence the topic. 

Jasper

Just looked at Gov site and its saying that golf courses, archery, shooting ranges etc in tier two or three to remain closed or have I missed something ? So travelling between tiers may not be the issue if grounds are to remain closed 

B#####ks  I'm booked to shoot Barbury on the 9th which is in tier two think it best wait to see what cpsa says ? 

Just looked at Gov site and its saying that golf courses, archery, shooting ranges etc in tier two or three to remain closed or have I missed something ? So travelling between tiers may not be the issue if grounds are to remain closed 

B#####ks  I'm booked to shoot Barbury on the 9th which is in tier two think it best wait to see what cpsa says ? 
I think they have updated that, they were showing the new rules as well as the pre 2nd Dec ones together, but forgot to edit the current rules to clarify the statement as pre Dec 2 plonkers.

Just do NOT meet with Billy Goat Gruff then  !       😄

So, if the CPSA say we can travel to shoot, does that make 'Tiers into  Souvenir's ' then  ?
Well they do not say you can travel. Just that shooting can commence. 🤔

Screenshot_20201126-171349.png

I've got some weekday reg comps booked in for December to use up leave I've got left before the end of the year.  I was planning on just going for practice locally in January and February while the weather is bad, but even though I live in Tier 2 (east sussex), all my local grounds are in Tier 3 (kent).  That's the kibosh put on that plan then. 😧

Yep . Looking like I will have to cancel my slots at garlands next week. I think that's in tier 3.(staffs) I'm in tier 2. 

Although the post code for garlands says it down the road from me and is in tier 2. 😁😁

Will wait for some clarity, but it looks like booking some shoots just got even more difficult. 

Jasper

Latest posts

Back