Where I (would have) went today

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Was away from the gun a bit too long prior to old BoJo closing it all down, now much better was looking at calendar and most probably would have honoured my verbal commitment to go to Oxfordshire today, so this is how it most probably would have panned out.

Use the plush welfare facilities, Decent cup of tea in a real china (not paper / cardboard) mug, treat of a rather large slice of a yummy cake, rabbit to chums about everything & nothing serious, off to scare some clays, no fear I would have had a up n down shoot and had a grimace on a few and enough to smile about on most. I have little doubt though that with the squad of chums involved it would have been a pleasant day and now looking even more forward to being, BoJo permitting, able to return.

Trust all of you are well, fingers crossed we are all able to walk around the open spaces known as shooting grounds again soon

I know that feeling of predictability. A few years ago I came home after a shoot and my wife said “You shot the hard stuff well but there were some stupid misses”. How do you know that I asked! “Because you say that every time..”

I know that feeling of predictability. A few years ago I came home after a shoot and my wife said “You shot the hard stuff well but there were some stupid misses”. How do you know that I asked! “Because you say that every time..”
Ha, 

mine is more "some of the hard stuff well" & "lots of stupid misses" take point that Im consistent in all

I went off fishing last night which was ok until about 5 this morning and the heavens opened, and stayed open so I packed up early and came home.

After hitting 48 from 50 my wife said "96% not bad but could do better"

Oh, she's a teacher...........

Out in the pouring rain and unpredictable wind to warm my fingers on the barrels on the skeet stands. Very happy to be out shooting, so feeling lucky in comparison. Not that the scores were all that great, but picked up a few clues towards improving stands 3 and 5. Caught some pairs that were all over the place, and once home I could sit by the fireplace after a hot shower. Few better ways to have spent my sunday.    

Sure, well think, that Hangmanstone was planned for today, its been dry sunny and for late November warm enough, would have been lovely, have 🤞that BoJo does lift the restrictions but not 100% confident with that

Just got home after shooting at St Dials in Monmouth, all in all a good shoot with a few testing targets to catch you out, the scores were irrelevant it was just so nice to be able to say “PULL” and squeeze the trigger, it’s the simple things that give the most pleasure 😀😀😀😀

Just got home after shooting at St Dials in Monmouth, all in all a good shoot with a few testing targets to catch you out, the scores were irrelevant it was just so nice to be able to say “PULL” and squeeze the trigger, it’s the simple things that give the most pleasure 😀😀😀😀
Sounds like I missed out I had booked it but unforeseen issue made me have to cancel  :hmm:

I'll have get over this shingles and look forward to the next one then when ever that will be  :hunter: :hmm:  and hope the weather will be as kind 
Shingles, that’s bloody painful, means you’re run down pal, nothing much you can do about it, just let it run it’s course 

possibly just before Christmas if there’s no lockdown or uptick in COVID 

Shingles, that’s bloody painful, means you’re run down pal, nothing much you can do about it, just let it run it’s course 

possibly just before Christmas if there’s no lockdown or uptick in COVID 
I've been lucky so far not to much pain with it, not run down but more susceptible due to immuno-supressed because of renal transplant

Got meds from GP so doing ok fingers crossed there's no lockdown and no rise in numbers of C19 so all can get out enjoying a bit of shooting before Christmas

Back