looking for a new sporter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sir missalot

itchy finger time im hankering after a new sporter, thinking of caesar guerini invictus but also quite like the look of the rizzini br460, need to find a demo of each to try but being left handed might be tricky and being down in the south west doesnt help. anyone shoot the rizzini?

I don't have experience with either but wanted to say I like your username. *breaks out dancing - He likes big guns and he cannot lie, the other shooters can't deny... *

itchy finger time im hankering after a new sporter, thinking of caesar guerini invictus but also quite like the look of the rizzini br460, need to find a demo of each to try but being left handed might be tricky and being down in the south west doesnt help. anyone shoot the rizzini?
Doug Pinnegar is a member here and he's very happy with his.

What make of gun are you currently shooting  ?

so your taking up skeet then.....

just to add ,my miroku I bought very second hand, a 3800 alreadyconverted to thin wall by teagues , now thats 30 odd years old , I rarely change chokes  but do take them out to clean every now and then, probably 500 cartridges before they get done and never have they looked anything like shown in the pics , on one occasion a very slight blackness ,but mostly perfectly clean. 

apolagies this post was meant to be tacked on to Antse7en s post on a bad sunday..

Blaser?  The do proper LH guns, RH versions can be converted so the top lever's opening direction changes too I believe.

In terms of fit the CGs are slightly higher in the comb than the typical Beretta. As for that model Rizzini I don't know anything about them, but Doug's one has a custom stock so may not be representative of the standard gun.

No criticism intended but there are a hell of lot more CGs out there than Rizzinis, and whilst that's partly due to the great support and customer service from AngloItalian, lots of people think they're really good competition guns.

I would be worried about the massive drop in value of a second hand Rizzini. I like the 20 bore models, but when I started to look at the used prices, I noticed a big drop in price between used and new. A bit like the AyA really.

I would be worried about the massive drop in value of a second hand Rizzini. I like the 20 bore models, but when I started to look at the used prices, I noticed a big drop in price between used and new. A bit like the AyA really.
That really highlights for me a good reason to buy a quality used gun (second hand, previously owned, pre loved, 2nd life etc for the Del Boy types)

My Less than one year old F16 would have cost just over £4,000 new. I got it for £2,500. F3 new would cost north of £8,000  My five year old F3 cost £3,000 and the 11 year old F3 £2,700

Those are enormous savings. More money for cartridges, lessons, good quality hearing and eye protection.

To be fair it would be cheaper to have only one gun of course, but the F16 is having a stock made for my son for his Christmas present and the other F3 is waiting hopefully for my girlfriend to take up the sport with me, otherwise I would sell them on. At those prices, I’m likely to lose maybe £1,000 Had I purchased new I’d have lost at least £1,500 on an F16 and probably £3,000 of equity on an F3  

I’m in no way being critical of folks who want to and can afford to buy new, I can see the attraction for sure. I think it might be my northern roots, that or I’m just plain born tight-fisted.

For a custom fit gun, Manuel Ricardo can make you a stock for as little as £500. That’s less than the cost of an adjustable comb and shortening the stock would have cost me for a less then perfect fit. Even exhibition grade wood come in at not much more than £1,400. (Grade 5 Blaser custom stock is over £1,700) Flights and accommodation etc add to the cost if you’re visiting, but Manuel has a remote working option which I’ve used for my son. Have a gun fit session in the U.K. and send your measurements and a couple of photos and videos of your mount and a week later he sends you back a custom stock, down to even the smallest details of grip dimensions.

A lovely new gun would really float my boat, but I just can’t look past those savings 

Latest posts

Back