Hi Everyone!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Flintstone

Hi all,

just a quick note to say hello...

I am new to the sport, after getting the bug years ago with an old friend. I have just had my FEO visit last week and all good on that front, so just waiting for the licence to pop through the door now šŸ¤Ŗ.

Ive has a couple of lessons recently, and next on the list is the inevitable but rather exiting ā€˜gun buyā€™ (well, when the shops open again!)

Thanks in advance for all the info/adviceĀ imparted...

Don't rush into the first buy, and imho buy a good second hand one as your bound to change it for another fairly soon šŸ˜‰, that way you won't looseĀ  so much on it

Thanks Colin... though Iā€™ll need a whole lot of self control to not ā€˜pop out to the shopsā€™ when that piece of paper eventually lands!

Not made up my mind on the gun yet, will have to try some when I can, but Iā€™ve no intention of selling if/when I go for another, just havenā€™t told my wife that bit yetĀ  :hug:

Best tell her now and get it out the way šŸ˜€ Try as many as you can, are you shooting with a group of others that you can try theirs.

Colin... sometimes it is better to ask forgiveness than permission!!!

No, no fellow shooters. Have used a Silver P and also had a go on instructors 725, both felt nice, though leant towards the browning, but keen to not be restricted by the usual ā€œyou want a SP or 525ā€ school of thought!

Thanks... had a few tips on here already of local gun shops where I may be able to try one or twoĀ that would work for me,Ā when ready (2nd hand)

Try before you buy. And shoot as much as you can before you commit, with a coach or instructor preferably. That will help you get stance, mount and grip right and that in turn will help you tell what feels 'right' (or not) when picking between different guns. Also, I'd recommend an adjustable stock, but there's a few posts on that around here.Ā 

I have to lie to each of my several Blasers about how many wives Iā€™ve had šŸ™„
Fixed it for youĀ šŸ˜Ž

And welcome Fred Flintstone, there's nuggets to be foundĀ here between the jolly fluffy rabbits.Ā 

Edit: For some reason, the word b@nter is replaced by "fluffy rabbits"?Ā Ā 

Last edited by a moderator:
Put where you are and you might get some suggestions from the fonts on here as to where might help you...
Sorry, I thought it picked it up from my profile... I hadnā€™t put it in my profile!!! Kent

And welcome Fred Flintstone, there's nuggets to be foundĀ here between the jolly fluffy rabbits.Ā 

Edit: For some reason, the word b@nter is replaced by "fluffy rabbits"?Ā Ā 
šŸ˜‚

.... cheers mate!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back