Hello and thank you

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimO69

Hi everyone, 

I’m Jim and I’m a complete newby.

I’m having lessons (at least I was until interrupted yet again by you-know-what) and I’m planning to apply for my licence in the new year. 

You won’t hear much from me, at least initially, because I’m very much in shut up and listen mode.

I’ve been a bit wary of forums in the past but from what I’ve seen here, you guys seem to treat each other with courtesy and kindness.

So I’m hoping I won’t be eaten alive when I ask the inevitable stupid question!

Anyway, thanks again. Let’s all stay COVID-free and get back out there again soon.

All the best,

Jim 

Hi and welcome. Ask away,  the only stupid question that I keep asking myself is " WHY did I not take up golf "?

Welcome. First piece of advise, from me, is get your application in asap.......it takes longer than you think and longer than they say.

I was told it will take about six weeks........it took over five months.

Good luck, anyway.

Hi Jim , this is a good forum to be on as no one strays into politics , religion , and the other sort of things that breed animosity between the contributors . 

If you post whereabouts in the country you are the members around that area might be able to tell you what the current state of play is with Firearms Licensing in that area . 

There are no stupid questions , everyone started as a novice . 

Thanks everyone. All good advice. I live in London and was told recently that the Met (in marked contrast to TVP) are pretty efficient with processing applications. Obviously at the moment they’re not accepting them. 

Jim 

Latest posts

Back