World Championships postponed

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One hopes though it’s not thin edge of wedge / domino effect for other “World” events 
The problem is across the world team selection events haven’t been held. Whilst governing bodies can pick teams, this causes all sorts of problems. 

Whatever domestic discipline you shoot, work to the assumption they’ll be no international events next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is across the world team selection events haven’t been held. Whilst governing bodies can pick teams, this causes all sorts of problems. 

Whatever domestic discipline you shoot, work to the assumption they’ll be no international events next year.

Personally it’s well beyond my capabilities to get into a county let alone country team, but yes understand the knock on effect that has already impacted such world event’s. 

I just hope my shoot tomorrow isn’t my last until December
At least you have been shooting, in Wales our lords and masters have had us under lockdown for what seems an eternity. If Boris decides to follow the dubious advice of the so called experts then it would mean no shooting until December at the earliest. my last shoot was mid September , and if I’m honest I don’t think I’ll be shooting anymore this year.

Think that goes for most sports. It has been said that the IOC are still considering the Olympics next year.

Slightly off topic.  If the olympics are cancelled then we will probably not see it rescheduled and we may have seen the last one. 

There is a serious debate around why gather 1000s of competitors in one location and get 100,000s people to travel around the world to watch them The Olympics is a very expensive undertaking for a country and the environmental impact on travel etc is now in the equation. The value/importance of them for sport is continuing to decline as most of the sports already hold World cups and championships etc  that attract the audience either in attendance or on media platforms that they need to sustain them.

For a lot if the sports now included,  the Olympics don't even come close to being the biggest thing to win. 

Personally it’s well beyond my capabilities to get into a county let alone country team, but yes understand the knock on effect that has already impacted such world event’s. 
Haven't you made friends with the county committee?? That's usually how they pick the teams????

😁😁😁😁😁😁🤔🤔🤔🤔😛😛😛🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐

Jasper.

It is. Make the most. Enjoy. 

Jasper. 
I see the CPSA are investigating the possibilities but I am not optimistic. EJC have a shoot on Thursday which they may move to Wednesday now. 

I see the CPSA are investigating the possibilities but I am not optimistic. EJC have a shoot on Thursday which they may move to Wednesday now. 
Think lockdown is from midnight Thursday so 🤞 your EJC may be ok

Haven't you made friends with the county committee?? That's usually how they pick the teams????

😁😁😁😁😁😁🤔🤔🤔🤔😛😛😛🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐

Jasper.
Oh most are “chums” but even chums couldn’t swing such a dodgy pick as I, You should be ok in H&W as there’s only 6 or 7 of you?

Think that goes for most sports. It has been said that the IOC are still considering the Olympics next year.Slightly off topic.  If the olympics are cancelled then we will probably not see it rescheduled and we may have seen the last one. There is a serious debate around why gather 1000s of competitors in one location and get 100,000s people to travel around the world to watch them The Olympics is a very expensive undertaking for a country and the environmental impact on travel etc is now in the equation. The value/importance of them for sport is continuing to decline as most of the sports already hold World cups and championships etc  that attract the audience either in attendance or on media platforms that they need to sustain them.For a lot if the sports now included,  the Olympics don't even come close to being the biggest thing to win. 
IMO the "sports" at the Olympics for the most part wouldn't be worth walking across the street to see, let alone pop a few $K to travel to.  The IOC and sponsoring countries would lose a fat piggy bank but the athletes for all intents and purpose would likely lose nothing if the World Cups continued.  Pro athletes live and die by public interest if not propped up.  And with that I'll have to stop so as to not become too IMO'ish.

Think lockdown is from midnight Thursday so 🤞 your EJC may be ok

Oh most are “chums” but even chums couldn’t swing such a dodgy pick as I, You should be ok in H&W as there’s only 6 or 7 of you
. 🤔😋

Jasper. 

Honesberie today and who was shooting in front of me? Mr and Mrs Jasper! Both doing well, especially Mr, who I rarely saw miss. 

I thought it was very good. Plenty of variety and correct level of toughness. Not easy in places. I missed first pair on stand 2 which was cringeworthy. Ok otherwise until stand 9 which really did me in especially as one target went through the sun. Finished on 89 I think. Enjoyed it. 

Sorry posted in wrong thread..

So, here’s how those in the industry feel about lockdown, at least as far as I’ve been told today. It's all speculation of course but probably fairly accurate.

Grounds will close from Thursday with every expectation they won’t reopen until after Christmas. Some are apparently working on a spring restart. The regulations specifically mention shooting grounds as venues that must close so there’s no wriggle room as there was in the spring. Nothing official yet but there’s not likely to be too many international events next year. There’s scope for something post July but this assumes the selection shoots go ahead.

Elite shooters will be allowed to train. Although there’s some ambiguity as to what ‘elite’ is you’ll probably need written evidence of your status to do so.

Overseas travel in relation to shooting sports is allowed providing it can be done under the banner of a business trip and not leisure. That’s assuming restrictions at your destination allow it and you can find an operating airline. 

The long and short of it is, it’ll likely be some time before you’re shooting targets again.

So, here’s how those in the industry feel about lockdown, at least as far as I’ve been told today. It's all speculation of course but probably fairly accurate.

Grounds will close from Thursday with every expectation they won’t reopen until after Christmas. Some are apparently working on a spring restart. The regulations specifically mention shooting grounds as venues that must close so there’s no wriggle room as there was in the spring. Nothing official yet but there’s not likely to be too many international events next year. There’s scope for something post July but this assumes the selection shoots go ahead.

Elite shooters will be allowed to train. Although there’s some ambiguity as to what ‘elite’ is you’ll probably need written evidence of your status to do so.

Overseas travel in relation to shooting is allowed providing it can be done under the banner of a business trip and not leisure. That’s assuming restrictions at your destination allow it and you can find an operating airline. 

The long and short of it is, it’ll likely but some time before your shooting targets again.

And game shooting will also cease as of Thursday 😢

Latest posts

Back