Pilla Help

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petey

Recently got the 3 lens outlaw X6 set.

20CN 

52CHC

92CHCL

Now the 52chc will likely be most days and the 92chcl is for dark woodland or super gloomy days but I'm contemplating trading the 20CN. I had got it as a full sun lens thinking the green neutralising would be helpful on bright summer days when green backgrounds can be really bright but now thinking it'll be a pain when coming up against green Clay's so maybe trade it for a 10CED....

Any thoughts?

10 is very dark. If yours eyes are Ok with the 20 and its the neutralizing element which is an issue then look at the 18 or (much) better the 26 HD or ED type lenses.

The knack is to have as 'light' a lense as you can without causing eye fatigue thus giving your eyes (really the pupils) control over the amount of light they see. A really dark lense is great to rest you eyes but that's for holidays and not shooting !!

Think about the numbers - a 10 is 20% of the 52 (give or take) - is this what you what ?  Will a 26 - which is 50% of a 52CHC be a better choice.

Oakley do two lenses for the US military - TR45 and TR22 & there is nothing darker. Before my move to Pillas these were my go too and I rarely picked up the TR22s. You will be surprised with how often something in the 40 to 55 band works. I would suggest 90% of the time.

10 is very dark. If yours eyes are Ok with the 20 and its the neutralizing element which is an issue then look at the 18 or (much) better the 26 HD or ED type lenses.

The knack is to have as 'light' a lense as you can without causing eye fatigue thus giving your eyes (really the pupils) control over the amount of light they see. A really dark lense is great to rest you eyes but that's for holidays and not shooting !!

Think about the numbers - a 10 is 20% of the 52 (give or take) - is this what you what ?  Will a 26 - which is 50% of a 52CHC be a better choice.

Oakley do two lenses for the US military - TR45 and TR22 & there is nothing darker. Before my move to Pillas these were my go too and I rarely picked up the TR22s. You will be surprised with how often something in the 40 to 55 band works. I would suggest 90% of the time.
I was more concerned that it would be bad for any green Clay's but I've been told it does not impact green clays badly at all. 

I'll not be needing the 10CED for a few months so will see how I get on come the spring 

Back