Cens DX 5 Vs Vario Revolution 6 —- which to buy ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b348xyx

Hi,

would anyone be able to give me some input Into these ear plugs, honest opinions on both brands please.

having a hard time trying to decide which to pick and spend my money on, large investment and trying to make the right choice.

I am just looking for best on the market.

clay shooter mainly, want the extra setting just in case I need them at some point. 

any input on both brands would be fantastic help.

thanks in advance

I had some Vario, not the electronic version though. They were quite uncomfortable to wear compaired of other makes I have had, mine were quite a hard silicone, when first wearing them ok but after a short time became uncomfortable. Just check on the yearly servce with some brands of plugs on the electronic side too

Hi,

would anyone be able to give me some input Into these ear plugs, honest opinions on both brands please.

having a hard time trying to decide which to pick and spend my money on, large investment and trying to make the right choice.

I am just looking for best on the market.

clay shooter mainly, want the extra setting just in case I need them at some point. 

any input on both brands would be fantastic help.

thanks in advance
Are you really sure you want in-ear plugs? Very expensive for good electronic ones and nowhere near the sound killing of good headphones. For a third of the cost you can get MSA Sordin headphones with gel pads.

I recently bought some moulded CENS in-ear plugs for very hot days. I hate them.

As Will recommends, I got a pair of MSA with the jel pads and can confirm they are very comfortable, but as said can become ear saunas in the warm weather, but now it's getting colder the up side toasty ears 😁

As Will recommends, I got a pair of MSA with the jel pads and can confirm they are very comfortable, but as said can become ear saunas in the warm weather, but now it's getting colder the up side toasty ears 😁
Yes, 6 months a year I can’t wait to put them on to keep warm. I just take them off occasionally in very hot weather. 

Being deaf I need good amplification of the things I want to hear. I was considering a set of the Vario, for use in hot weather and for game shooting, on the grounds that 2 people that have them, think that they are excellent and the level of service from the Company is second to none. I have Cens and would NOT go near them again. Their after sales and attitude towards complaint issues, unless you are paying them in the region of £70 P.A. for a service, is rubbish. The best amplification,  and I have tried EVERY make of electronic headsets, for me,  is the Howard Leight electronics. I use these every time that I shoot now and I am awaiting a set of gel ear pads for them.

Thanks for all the relays 😀

I am going to bite the bullet and get set Varios and see how I get on.

Update :

"so I emailed both Cens and Vario for information and some qustions.

Had a phone call yesterday (Saturday) couple hours after sending email from Jason Gibson himself, saying he had seen my email and thought calling me would be better then trying to type a lengthy reply and had a good 15-20min chat about all my concern and what I am looking for and so on. 

He answered every single question I had, and Vario offer a 90day full refund if your not happy for any reason.

So I am going to go for the clay shooting version most likely so the Vario Clay version.

Will do post on my thoughts when all arrive and so on, need my ear moulds done with there free voucher they give part of price first so guest depending on how quick I get that done before I get a set."

Last edited by a moderator:
And THAT is why Vario are becoming so popular................................Cens, take note   !

I shall be contacting him soon too, as a member of BASC, I understand there is a discount by Vario, for members.

I've gone for custom fit guards, they came round to my house Sunday to take the impressions and  have 15% off at the moment, just have to wait about 4 weeks to see what they are like 

Well my Vario Revolution 6's turned up a few days ago now.

Will be testing end this week and over the weekend. 

once used for little while I will let you know my thoughts.

C701FB0E-EE18-48C2-96DD-8C8B138A1DF4.jpeg

Will do, Still testing them at the moment, First impressions is i feel the clay mode is too quite and there's no volume controls. so I have ended up using the game mode which is louder but still testing a bit more first.

Fit ears nicely and can wear them for hours without any pain of discomfort, still on first set battery with around 6-7hours of use on them so far.

Just wish they had a volume control.

Last edited by a moderator:
My cfg digital's arrived Wednesday and I tried them out Sunday and have to say very comfortable, not to much wind noise better  than the sportacs and on the lowest setting easy to hear conversation, took a bit longer than anticipated but with corvid I'm okay with that. Had emails tracking the progress through the factory so good communication from them, only problem is l have to get a better fitting hat as i didn't realise how well the sportacs held it on 😁

I  am back wearing the Howard Leights as they have the speakers best suited to my hearing loss. I have tried several others but they were low on maximum volume. That is why I chose the Cens in the first instance, they seemed to fit the bill.  Volume wise they have been great, but comfort and reliability have left a LOT to be desired. 

I bought a set of Vario 4’s

i initially emailed them with a few questions and the following day someone rang me back and was on the phone with me for a good 45 mins answering all my questions and just generally chatting. 
didn’t at any stage get the hard sell. He was a very helpful chap. 
I’m very happy with them. 
The clay setting suits me well. 

battery life has so far been excellent. 
and would highly recommend them. 
if you have any doubts, have a chat with them. 

At the moment I’m using a set of peltor electronics over ear’s. More to keep my ears warm than anything else. 
Even though I am a new shooter I preferring using the in ears over the peltors

I use in ear monitoring at work (when I could go to work !) so am quite used to wearing that style.

Latest posts

Back