DT11 black vs Perazzi MX2000s sporter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MK82

Hi all, 

Just wanted to see what people's opinions are on this. I fancy getting myself a DT11 black or a Perazzi MX2000s - it'll be quite costly either way (with custom fit), but does anyone have a preference for either? I mainly shoot sporting... (have been shooting with a Browning 525 and find it quite cumbersome, and want to upgrade...)

Many thanks!

Hi all, 

Just wanted to see what people's opinions are on this. I fancy getting myself a DT11 black or a Perazzi MX2000s - it'll be quite costly either way (with custom fit), but does anyone have a preference for either? I mainly shoot sporting... (have been shooting with a Browning 525 and find it quite cumbersome, and want to upgrade...)

Many thanks!
Neither are a problem gun. It’s solely down to how they feel to you.

Totally personal choice. Whatever you think suits you best or at least the one that's the best deal on the table.

Just waiting for the inevitable  for someone to come along and suggest another make altogether. 😇

Hi all, 

Many thanks!
Will did that 525 upgrade, didn't you fella... might be worth asking him how that went for him?? :D

Hi all, 

Many thanks!
I shoot a dt11L so I'm slightly biased to the dt11. Both are excellent guns though, only thing that may be worth considering is the dt11 will be superior steel shot proofed which may give you more scope or better value in the future.

Try before you buy. Both will be very different to a B525, and not very alike. At least they're both Italian guns :)   If the detachable trigger is what appeals in the DT11, Perazzi does them, but not in the MX-S variants, I believe. 

I personally wouldn't buy anything with a black action. Just have a look at them in a couple of years . Yuk. 

Jasper. 

Although having said that my Dt11 has lost its blue racing stripe. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive had both guns mentioned, i prefer the perazzi because it was more nimble to handle and shoot. The DT11 is more weighty in the hands.

Ive had both guns mentioned, i prefer the perazzi because it was more nimble to handle and shoot. The DT11 is more weighty in the hands.
DT11 has different versions. The early one I had was like wielding a park bench. The last one I handled with Carbon Rib was lovely, a very different beast and likely lighter feeling than a P gun.

Not saying it isn't cos I've never looked into it, but why do you say that?
I'm not 100% but I think Perazzi don't chrome line the barrels which is preferable for steel shot proof and the Perazzi family believe steel shot is the work of the devil. The way things are going with the eco warriors steel shot for clays could come into play at some point in the future.

Don’t worry too much about steel shot when considering these guns.

Even the Perazzi can handle this very wel, whatever the Perazzi family believes 😉

They’re quite happy to sell them in countries with a ban on lead shot..

Not a DT11, but did have a very poorly fitting DT10 for 6 months that I couldn’t get on with, all me mind nowt wrong with gun, have had MX2000S for three years, even an old blagger like me can see it’s a fantastic piece of gunmakers work, yes a black action, it and the entire gun still looks pristine. The DT11 & Perazzi are very different guns strongly suggest, as one would with any new gun purchase that you try each.

Thanks everyone for the advice and comments. Someone mentioned black actions not looking so great after a few years - what happens to it, and is this a common problem?

Thanks everyone for the advice and comments. Someone mentioned black actions not looking so great after a few years - what happens to it, and is this a common problem?
Not much, in my experience. I have a Beretta 692 Black edition, but the finish on the action is pristine. It's a pre-owned gun that I've owned since mid '19. I shoot every week, more when I can. I do take decent care of the gun, but nothing overly tender. I don't leave solvent to dry on the finish, am careful with any type of abrasive cleaner and I transport the gun in its case.

That said, there is a part of the barrel that has a minor spot of wear on the finish (under the fore-end) from the fore-end being to tight and chafing the barrel. Bit of sandpaper to the fore-end fixed that, and while you can see it is worn, there is still black finish covering that spot. The finish on the action is different to the matte finish on the barrels and I believe the barrels suffer more from wear than the action would. 

My F3 has been used for 4 years and had 48,000 shots through it and people still sometimes ask if I have a new gun when they see it. 

My F3 has been used for 4 years and had 48,000 shots through it and people still sometimes ask if I have a new gun when they see it. 
I picked up a 2015 F3 and it looks like new. I don’t know how much use it had beforehand though to be fair.

Latest posts

Back