DT11's

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordieboy

Come on then, what do I need to know about these?  I have gone on the Beretta website and I can get a Trap stock to fit me.  All berettas shoot too low for me.  I do like the DT11 though.  Nice and big in the hands.

Anybody shoot fibres through these?

Let me know your thoughts

I borrowed one from a friend and really liked it, shot it well but probably no better than the gun i was using at the time, my friend that owned it really did not get on with it and sold it on fairly swiftly

I'm pretty tempted to pick up a secondhand DT11 at some point, have my eye on a used DT11 Black that's taking up shelf space at the dealer where I bought my 692. What's holding me back from buying one (apart from spending that kind of money on a whim) is that I really can't fault my 692 for points left on the field. Missing is all me, and a new gun isn't going to fix that. If only 😄

What I particularly like about Beretta is the availability of literally every single part through their own e-store (apart from action housing and barrels obviously). I've had no issues with my 692 other than a stripped screw in the forend (my fault for not considering the amount of loctite used), but I keep spares of various things around just in case. From complete wood-sets to beads, all is available with a click of a button and sent straight to your door from Italy, whether its for a plain 686 or a DT11. Parts for a DT11 are likely pricier though  :)  

They are terrific. Handle great .  Although mine has a problem with the blue enamel stripe on the action and has gone back. Mrs jaspers is fine. They are both 2015.  They work fine with fiocchi tt1 and eley Olympic blues fibre wads although we don't shoot that many. 

Jasper. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot a couple but only other peoples. Personally I don't get on with the broad action at the top being in my eye line.

My post is to make one point. The DT11 has long forcing cones. It is designed to use plastic cartridges where the flexible seal along the full length of the forcing cone helps drive the wad & shot out of the barrel. This does not mean it will be a poor gun with fibre cartridges but that the design is not being used to its optimum with (I suspect very small indeed) shot speed and pattern consequences.

The above point will be totally irrelevant if it fits and shoots right - Just have a day out playing and find a fibre cartridge that is roughly the same speed as the plastics your are using. If all you use are fibres, and you want some weight, get a older 682 or 682 Gold !!!

Ok on the fibre "issue" . There isn't one.  simples. Just an example. The other week there was a monster battue at Oxfordshire shooting school. Wind affected. Sometimes didn't turn. Terrible target really. Shot at anything between 50 to 65 yards,depending.  This was broken well by myself(AA) and the Mrs(B) with nowt more than 1/2 choke and TT1 8's fibre and Olympic blue 8's fibres . Some  higher quality fibres in say 7's would have made a real mess of them.  So really there is NO problem other than what's between your ears. 

We shoot these guns week in week out.

If  the wide action is in your eyeline then it's almost certainly too low in the comb.

Kind regards

Jasper. 

I shoot a lot of fibres through mine and it handles them fine, both 28 gram for clays and 30 32 gram for game. Barrels take a bit of cleaning though afterwards. Stunning guns, very solid and handle a dream.
Awesome.  I'd like to shoot game as well with it you see.  Good to hear it shoots okay with fibres 

Ok on the fibre "issue" . There isn't one.  simples. Just an example. The other week there was a monster battue at Oxfordshire shooting school. Wind affected. Sometimes didn't turn. Terrible target really. Shot at anything between 50 to 65 yards,depending.  This was broken well by myself(AA) and the Mrs(B) with nowt more than 1/2 choke and TT1 8's fibre and Olympic blue 8's fibres . Some  higher quality fibres in say 7's would have made a real mess of them.  So really there is NO problem other than what's between your ears. 

If  the wide action is in your eyeline then it's almost certainly too low in the comb.

Kind regards

Jasper. 
I like the big action for sure.  I just need a 35 x 35 trap stock on it and I reckon I can shoot it fine.  All berettas and Browning Sporters are too low for me.  My Perazzi DSR is 35 x 35 drop, and my Browning 725 Pro Trap has a high comb.  These days, you can get a good stock made for you, but I see that you can buy a Beretta Trap Stock and forend from Beretta direct and they aren't much money.

Awesome.  I'd like to shoot game as well with it you see.  Good to hear it shoots okay with fibres 

I like the big action for sure.  I just need a 35 x 35 trap stock on it and I reckon I can shoot it fine.  All berettas and Browning Sporters are too low for me.  My Perazzi DSR is 35 x 35 drop, and my Browning 725 Pro Trap has a high comb.  These days, you can get a good stock made for you, but I see that you can buy a Beretta Trap Stock and forend from Beretta direct and they aren't much money.
I've never felt like I've had a problem with fibres and I've shot some pretty decent game and good range clays with fibres.  If you buy a stock and forend from beretta estore make sure you have a good gunsmith lined up to fit them. I have had a couple of forends and a stock from estore and they have all needed fitting to the barrels or action, they come very tight and need easing.

Ok on the fibre "issue" . There isn't one.  simples.  So really there is NO problem other than what's between your ears. 

Kind regards

Jasper. 
only use fibre, its normally 28g universal trap 8's for clays through 1/4 and 1/4, get some impressive breaks on the longer targets,

use 1/2 and 1/2 in the 725  that has 18.6 bores no problems with that either

Its always good to quell a myth!

My gunsmith is Tim greenwood and there is nothing he can't do to wood.  If Beretta can provide a trap stock I am sure he can not only fit it, but adjust it to make it spot on.

Certainly, my friend is using 3/8th in his gun and his patterns are nothing short of very impressive, even at very long range.  Triggers are very nice too.  Needless to say I want a DT11 L as it is shiny and has engraving.  As there are none for sale currently, I will wait a while and see what happens.  One will pop up at some point!

Thanks everybody for your clarity.  I'd like to shoot game the odd time and fibres are the mainstay of that game.  I'll use plaswads for clays until we are all using bio-degradeable ones with steel.  

I've never felt like I've had a problem with fibres and I've shot some pretty decent game and good range clays with fibres.  If you buy a stock and forend from beretta estore make sure you have a good gunsmith lined up to fit them. I have had a couple of forends and a stock from estore and they have all needed fitting to the barrels or action, they come very tight and need easing.
I can second this: I changed my fore-end from the round to the trap version, and had to open it up a it to make it easier to take off, especially from warm barrels. Not a ton of work, but best done if you're comfortable sanding the insides and know how to keep the sanding work straight. Afterwards, a dab of oil is recommended of course but that's the easy part. 

Easier to take wood off of a tight fit than it is to add to a loose fit 😁

The problem is not necessarily that people were telling stories or creating myths - I bet some were - but that Beretta made a lot out the long 'forcing cones' and their advantages. Whether it matters or not - and I accept & agree entirely that it may not at all - the science that makes the long forcing cones work with plastic wads doesn't help with fibre wads. If the message is that fibre wads shoot perfectly well then the other message is probably that Beretta's 'innovation' made little difference !! I may be wrong here but I think Daniel Perazzi refused to consider long forcing cones and Perazzi only do so now on custom guns.

I'm sure the sight-line works well and i would get used to it - I shoot a 686 and it was simply that for the brief moments I handled a DT11, the locking bolt section was a distraction. Having said that I am a lefty and it was RH gun. I learned never to try a RH gun again hence I'm still looking for a LH 694 to pick up !!

As there are none for sale currently, I will wait a while and see what happens.  One will pop up at some point!
Don't know if you mean second hand, or even RH/LH but there are a few new ones out there if you try the usual places

She who must be obeyed and I shot the beretta world with sporting 100 fibre the boss with dt11 black and myself with my dt10 no difference between the fibre or plastic as far as could be seen some very impressive breaks with normal chokes mainly i/c and 3/8 our normal shell is the hull sporting 100 plastic wad 71/2s .

Back