Resin clays to be the norm.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiptop

Just been watching a video of GD at CCI clays. As of the beginning of October Coal tar pitch has been banned by the ECA. This means the end of the clay target as we know it. CCI have already started production of the new resin clays. Brace yourself for the price increase.

And what pray tell is the feared price increase? Having been back to the coal face since August I’ve found most things have increased price wise, as one the the more expensive than most hobby this shooting addiction I’ve been rather surprised on how little entry fees have actually risen. 

Probably ECHA .  European CHemicals  Agency . The people responsible for REACH regulation . Coal Pitch has always had number of risks   to health associated with processing , and I’m guessing dumping thousands of tonnes of it into the environment might not be the cleverest thing to do either ? I thought that Bio Clays were already available ? 

I recall Four Counties using them about 5 years ago for a while. Gave a really weird puff of steam appearance when hit well. So they have been around. This just seems the latest version. 

Doesn't sound the same though........."Shoot Resin Forum."

We'll have the 'greenies' after us for shooting the newly discovered Resin pigeons. 

It will be interesting to see how long it takes the 'Greenies' to find something seriously wrong with resin debri ?

I can see clay ground workers getting trapped in sticky mud whilst clearing up on the Skeet layout .

And what pray tell is the feared price increase? Having been back to the coal face since August I’ve found most things have increased price wise, as one the the more expensive than most hobby this shooting addiction I’ve been rather surprised on how little entry fees have actually risen. 
Trouble with the shooting community any price increase and off they go, you know what its like, when cartridges go up £5 a thousand. :girlwah:

To be fair, based on the last few shoots Ive been too, extinction of the fledgling “Resin Pigeon” is not likely
You need to take them new chokes back to Ivan, and tell him they don't work.😂

Trouble with the shooting community any price increase and off they go, you know what its like, when cartridges go up £5 a thousand. :girlwah:

You need to take them new chokes back to Ivan, and tell him they don't work.😂
Oh you are a wag (or is it another word beginning wa?), once again you lighted the firework then left the building, as for the chokes nowt wrong with them its the mushroom food between my ears, 

Resin clays have been used for a few years now in isssf stuff so most olympic skeet/trap grounds use them.

No they are not rock hard (as is the popular misconception)

Yes a little more expensive,but only pence.

The white powder cloud is very rewarding to see when you're on em.

They must have been using them at Bisley for a while, last time I shot skeet the clays were a whitish colour, sprayed black, it was still only £8 for 25

Latest posts

Back