RIP Hamid Hajilou

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian

Yesterday I was shocked and deeply sad to find out that Hammie had passed away.  Flitting through Facebook as you do to see that Shaun Hopkins had put up a post.   I don’t know exactly when or how.   Lots of us on the circuit will have met Hammie and of course he was one for engaging on this forum quite often.   I will miss him very much.  I didn’t know if this was the right place to put this up but as he liked this area of the forum so here it is.  RIP dear Hammie.  

Very sad news indeed, via PM's not very long ago I knew he was not well, but this is still a bit of a bombshell.

My sincere condolences to his Family at this sad time.

So sad. He was a great guy, kind, informed and intelligent and leaves a lovely wife and son. I contacted him months ago when I hadn’t seen him for a while and he told me about his cancer. We kept in touch but I was shocked when he told me he was going in to palliative care a few weeks ago. Awful news, horribly unfair. RIP Hamid. 

That's so sad to hear. I'm more of a reader than a poster on here and Pigeonwatch but his name was one I often looked out for. It was clear he talked the talk and his reg scores proved he walked the walk.

Any topics mentioning 8 shot, Eley Superbs or 682's were sure to get a response from him!

My condolences to his family. He'll be sorely missed. How old was he?

PM.  

That's so sad to hear. I'm more of a reader than a poster on here and Pigeonwatch but his name was one I often looked out for. It was clear he talked the talk and his reg scores proved he walked the walk.

Any topics mentioning 8 shot, Eley Superbs or 682's were sure to get a response from him!

PM.  

PM.  
I’m guessing no more than 50

At my age I shouldn't be looking up to anybody but I did him. Never met him, only posted through here and PW, but always read his comments and they were always well informed, interesting, and a credit to the sport & pastime. My respect for him was built on his comments about eye dominance and the thoughts and comments and time he was willing to share about his problems. One of those rare people who posts his own experience in case it helps others even the failures and problems - no lecturing, no need to score points - just someone you would want to share a beer & chat with after a days shooting.

I had noticed he wasn't commenting much recently, but had no idea he was ill. I really respected what he had to say, always willing to help those starting out and hugely knowledgeable. He will be sorely missed by many.

RIP Hamid.

He was a stalwart of the forum. Knowledgeable and concise, full of fantastic advice and information. I remember Hammy from my early days here and will miss him dearly for all he did for everybody who needed good advice. My sorrowful condolences to his wife, family and all his friends may he rest in peace. Cancer is a terrible thing that does not discriminate between good, bad, young or old people but Hammy was certainly number one of the aforementioned people it is so sad to lose him.

This really is very sad indeed. As others have rightly said, he was both knowledgeable and helpful. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad news . Knowledgeable gentleman and excellent shot . RIP Hamid 😔

Latest posts

Back