Sight training

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nohoper

Hi has any body tried any of the eye training products on the market any feed back positive or negative appreciated suffering quite badly at the moment score have dropped of a cliff eye test imminent but I do not believe any thing has changed , have checked stock adjustments have not changed at loss to know what has happened 

Hi has any body tried any of the eye training products on the market any feed back positive or negative appreciated suffering quite badly at the moment score have dropped of a cliff eye test imminent but I do not believe any thing has changed , have checked stock adjustments have not changed at loss to know what has happened 
Can I ask why you are focusing (forgive the pun) on your eyesight as the cause for scores dropping? Are you actually struggling to see clays or are you just guessing at this as a cause? Lots of other reasons for form to drop away

Hi Will I know I suffer from dominance issue when tired and how to deal with it reasonably well this problem seems to be focus on target varying while actually shooting do not suffer from moving focus from target to gun while in the process shooting buddies of 40 years and trusted cannot see any stopping or slowing going on at a loss at the moment which is why I wonder if the cause is focal problem

Hi Will I know I suffer from dominance issue when tired and how to deal with it reasonably well this problem seems to be focus on target varying while actually shooting do not suffer from moving focus from target to gun while in the process shooting buddies of 40 years and trusted cannot see any stopping or slowing going on at a loss at the moment which is why I wonder if the cause is focal problem
OK, as ever totally impossible to see what is going on without watching you shoot. If you feel you CAN see OK and its not L-R worse than R-L (dominance issue) then first I would try simply giving targets more lead, then try less lead. We all get into patches of more speed or less speed without realising at times, so sight pictures stop working.

Hi Will plan to get out for a session on skeet range with full chokes to make sure of pictures then move on to sporting targets with the guys and camera to see if it is possible to get to the bottom of the issue thanks for the suggestions 

Hi has any body tried any of the eye training products on the market any feed back positive or negative appreciated  
Not exactly that but I have practised vision training for almost 20 years. The purpose is to exercise the eye muscles, both the internal ciliary muscles used for accommodation (focus) and the external muscles which control eye movement and shape. Modern lifestyle is generally pretty bad for retaining 20:20 vision, hence the steady increase in prescription glasses. Training is designed to replicate the way relatively primitive people with incredibly good vision such as the innuit or native Australians use their eyes.

I'd say that you should have the eye exam first and if there's no significant change pm me and I'll suggest some reading matter. There are also a few foods which contain important vision nutrients, particularly lutein and zeaxanthin, both important for eye health.

Hi Westward thanks for the info eye check is early Nov but will take you up on the offer after test .

There are plenty of free eye muscle training apps available on the playstore if you have an Android phone, can't vouch for there design for shooting. I have been using different ones on and off with no problem and my eye dominance slip seems to be better although this could be anecdotal.

You’ve got shooting buddies of 40 years standing , so it’s fair to say you might ( like me ) be starting to get to the point where you can’t beat ageing  . I had LASIK 22 years ago for distance , and can still read a number plate to meet DVLA standards without specs ... However  I’d been through a period of shooting suffering and eye dominance sometimes swapping . I mentioned it to the optician when I went for my usual reading specs, he was really interested and spent over an hour with me , To cut a long story short I walked out with a distance prescription, my right eye needing the stronger lens, two pairs of specsavers ‘John Lennon ‘ glasses and the world was like UHD TV . My shooting improved . My vision had changed so slowly I’d forgotten what it should be like .  After trying the Specsavers frames for a couple of months I’ve popped a few bob on some prescriptions shooting specs . 

So before you dive into occlusion dots , master eye beads , or any other cures , See what your eye examination reveals then you have a datum to work from . 

Agree entirely with Martyn B. I've had my fair share of eye issues which I've probably mentioned in other posts. There is little point messing about until an optician has given you the right baseline to work from.

I'll suggest some reading matter.
Would that be of use to shooters who don't yet have any sight issues, but want to prevent future issues? If so, I'd welcome suggestions as well. On the topic, if there are any suggestions on exercises (other than actually shooting) that would help in the "rapid transition" between the first and second clay on a skeet pair, I'd love to hear them. 

To the topic starter, many well wishes of broken clays. Could well be many other things than the eyes, but hope you get all sorted. 

Hi guys thanks for all the information and ideas I will try to get to the bottom of the issue and post the results thanks again 

Hi guys I eventually got to the opticians for tests the bottom line appears to be a slight change in age related cataracts but also after many years in engineering before retirement the eyes have some scars which affect glare which in turn causes its own problems end result visit to the hospital for assessment .It seems it is possible to remove the surface which will regenerate but the date has been put back 3 times because of the virus .Eye drops for my dry eyes have also changed which thankfully have improved that issue my scores for some reason are on the up lord knows why may be a mental reaction to actually have an idea for possible treatment sorry to bore you guys but stay safe and well happy xmas

Back