Keeping one's licence when moving house??

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Spavo

Apologies if this has been raised before, did a bit of searching on here but didn't find anything.

House is on the market this week, just wondering what the lay of the land is with regards maintaining the FAO's happines with gun storage? Obviously, when I move into wherever it is, my cabinet will need to be installed, but that leaves a bit of a purgatory between taking it out of my current house and the relevant FEO coming to check it's in the right place, secure, etc.

What's people's NON ANECDOTAL experiences of this stuff whilst moving house please? :)

(presumably, I don't have to get a new licence if it's a different county until I reapply as well?... I'm guessing they will be happy with the previous FEO granting it, it's just a bit of paperwork to transfer regions?)

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to reinstall your cabinet at your new property and then notify the relevant FAO's in each county for the change of address on your certificate. The local FAO should then come out and visit to inspect your cabinet installation. Depends on which area your in and how busy they are as to how quick they come out, but you just carry on as normal as long as you have notified them in the required time frame. If you have any problems with a delay in moving cabinet from one to another my brother has just put his guns with an RFD while he gets his new house sorted and they are storing his guns for £3.50 per week per gun.

moved from Greater Manchester to Northumberland, then from there back to Lancashire, guns and cabinets in the car, both times notified both FAO's of the impending move via email, both times Firearms Officers came quite quickly to check cabinet installation, took the old certificates/licence away with them and with a week or so had the new ones through the the door, no fuss all done smoothly

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back