Shooting Jacket

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maca

When I started shooting about three years ago I got a Percussion shooting vest which has served me well.  In the summer it is light and doesn't overheat me and in the winter I've been wearing it over a regular jacket with it just acting as pocket space for cartridges.  This can be a bit bulky at times though and I'm thinking about getting the Percussion Sologne jacket https://www.newforestclothing.co.uk/percussion-sologne-skintane-optimum-jacket.html?&aid=11076#85=71&129=42&gclid=Cj0KCQjwtsv7BRCmARIsANu-CQeLsJaJK4G-n0_kRKeuI7QNb2M1wLPX10PaSGintCpb2vN0XHRK-tsaApbJEALw_wcB for these colder months (will still use the vest in the summer).

This seems to be a good jacket for the price and is almost like my vest but in jacket form so quite happy to go with this but thought I'd put it out to the forum if anyone has suggestions for a jacket in this price range as an alternative before I part with my cash.  Keep in mind I'm in the north east of Scotland so would like windproof and waterproof.  I'm not bothered too much about insulation as I'd rather wear layers underneath which I can change rather than a bulky jacket which might be too hot on milder days.  I also only shoot clays so don't need it to be game style.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I bought one last winter to do a bit of winter clays - didn't want to spend a fortune. I found it ok, warm, dry & loads of pockets! Think I paid £75 so am happy. There are a few  things however:

1) Check the size - I got a medium which I thought was too baggy, but the small was tiny. At least plenty of room to mount & shoot without issue

2) The main pockets have cartridge 'holders' - these flaps kept getting in the way so I trimmed them off with a Stanley knife.

3) Breathable'ish' - when shooting it did get a bit hot  & I ended up unzipping it!

I suppose there are others but for what I paid I'm well happy & expect to get a lot of winters with it

Latest posts

Back