Finding a Miroku 20g

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieTrapper

Where can I find a Miroku 6000 or 7000 20g shotgun in very good condition, I appreciate there is a premium for perfect condition? My local RFD doesn’t see many and suggested a Holts auction, any advice welcome

Where can I find a Miroku 6000 or 7000 20g shotgun in very good condition, I appreciate there is a premium for perfect condition? My local RFD doesn’t see many and suggested a Holts auction, any advice welcome
There are always a good number of the newer models on GunTrader, always seems to be many more 60s than 70s  . But the older ones ? 

what’s the advantage of an older 6000 or 7000 over your MK70 ?

I know I looked for ages for a browning 325 grade 5 20 gauge and didn’t see anything worth buying and ended up with a 60 

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a look on Guntrader, and there are quite a few 20G MK60/70 indeed. Most of them in the higher grades as well, surprisingly. No 6000/7000, which are around in 12G. They're not expensive though, so maybe a nice bargain and a 20G set of tubes would work? 

I really wish we had anything similar to the UK's S/H market here. We have several shops that carry a good selection of used guns, but it's a small market. 

Unless you can actually go to the auction house and fondle what you wish to bid on, to be sure you want it, I'd be pretty wary about anything used. And even then, I would doubt my ability to spot every little thing that could be wrong with a gun...  Caveat emptor and so on. If you do end up with a lemon, it's likely expensive to still make lemonade.

Thanks for help so far, I want a 6000/7000 as a piece of Miroku history which is still a reliable gun today

I get that , I fancied the 325 , as like the 6000 , the early ones were made with proper chopper lump barrels by the Miroku factory .   I think I found 2 in 12 months and unfortunately they were overpriced  IMHO and were well shot 

Having said that I’m very pleased with the MK60 I bought instead .

Luke , The Miroku / Browning action for the 20 g is scaled down from the 12 Gauge so it handles totally differently to the 12 g but still heavy enough if you don’t want a featherweight gun . 

IMHO Most  of the MK 60’s are grade 5 as they tend to be be bought as game shooting guns even though they sometimes are marketed as a “universal sporter” . Like the MK 38 trap gun they have a bit of a cult following  , and quite a few find their way to Teague Precision . 

Good to know! I'd have thought the higher grades would be less prevalent per grade. In my neck of the woods people seem to save the high grade stuff for the shooting range and drag their bangsticks through the mud... 

One of the best shots I know shoots a MK38 for trap and MK60 which I think he has either multichoked or opened to SK/SK. Haven't seen a 20 bore of either, but interested in the scale-down. I suppose a tubed 12G would indeed be totally different then (although I'd like the versatility). 

There you go Luke picture of my 38 trap , alongside my MK60 20g . You’ll be able to see the scale .  I certainly wouldn’t drag either through mud 😃. But for driven shooting, or walked up , and even roost shooting  they both get an outing .  I tend to just use the 20g when a lot of walking on a day is involved .  Both have been multichoked by Teague Precision so they are pretty versatile tools .

C9EB3B60-A586-4988-848D-42783DC91ABA.jpeg

Latest posts

Back