Cartridge/choke Recommendations for Blaser F3

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloyd

Anyone willing to recommend their tried and tested cartridges through 1/2 choke for Blaser F3?

I used to shoot 1/4 & 1/4 through mine and comfortably broke all the long stuff.

Was using Churchill Hellfire, Gamebore DTL Elite, and Hull Pro One before I swapped it for the Krieghoff.

Handled various Hull game shells from 28g 6 all the way through to 42g 4 as well.

Depending on what im shooting its generally 1/4 1\2 f black 28grm 8.5 for esp or 1/2 3/4 24grm officials 7.5 for fast trap and 28grm 7.5 f blacks 28grm for helice.For eng skeet its cylinder and imp cyl 8.5 28grm 8.5 f blacks. Ive found hull sovereign seem best in fibre.

About 50 different answers to this will be valid. But I ended up with Gamebore EVO plas 8 28g and I never feel a miss is caused by anything other than me. 
Thanks Will, I liked the Evo through my F16 myself actually. 
I got 2013 F3 Professional from J F Neville in Alfreton, Derbyshire and discovered they sell Clever cartridges and have wanted to give them a try for a while now 

Thanks Will, I liked the Evo through my F16 myself actually. 
I got 2013 F3 Professional from J F Neville in Alfreton, Derbyshire and discovered they sell Clever cartridges and have wanted to give them a try for a while now 
I recommend the T2. Used a lot of them.

I use T2 with 1/2 or 3/4 choke for the first shot and T4 with 1/1 choke for the second shot when I shoot OT.   This is with Briley Chokes, when I use Teague Super Extended I

use 5/8 and 7/8

I use F3 Comp gun 1/4 in both tubes and the only cartridges that i would not use is Gamebore velocity gun hates them best cartridge for straw bale shooting Fiocchi litespeed or Hull superfast for the comp,s Superbs.

Shooting over decoys Eley smokers from Sportsman gun center in 7.5 for the crows and pigeons.

1/2 chokes are to tight in my F3 but if a strong wind will go to 3/8 in both tubes

Last edited by a moderator:
I use F3 Pro 1/2 & 1/2 Briley chokes and only shoot Gamebore Velocities. 

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I understand cartridge cases are becoming very poor in quality and several 694s are refusing to spit them out consistantly

My pal uses Fiocchi fblacks 28g 8.5s for sporting in an f3, with Briley  chokes. 3/8 and 5/8. 
They seem to pattern well and certainly break everything you point them at. 
For long side on stuff, he will use a 7.5.

Latest posts

Back