something different

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny batoo

Going to throw this out there although no doubt i will get some damming comments back,  Fancy getting something different for a sporting clays.  Couple of contenders keep popping up so thought i would invite some comments ...good or Bad.

fabarm axis Rs 12 sporter 32"

Browning cynergy 32" ( but not the composite one)

The floor is yours !!!!!!!!

Since you're asking... I would only get a Cynergy if there was literally no other choice. Tried a few and hated 'em, crap triggers, crap balance and ugly as sin.

Fabarm make decent guns for the money. They're part of Guerini now so quality isn't likely to be an issue and they seem to work pretty well, although the styling isn't to everyone's taste.

Not sure whether there's a market in this country for the quick change rib idea though.

Thanks for the reply Westward,  If i went with the axis i would go for the fixed rib sporter as opposed to the Q.R.R model.  The axis is a smart looking gun and as you say the action ect...is of a a decent standard coming from a guerini background.  Also concur with the cynergy, just find its crossed the line of conventional to much and possibly why it has earned its reputation as a " Marmite Gun".     Might take the Axis out for a squirt as mixed reviews on the sighting/pointability of the Gun, I know Lloyd patterson reviewed it to be shooting high but i guess its something you have to shoulder yourself....... 

The Fabarm action, in being based on the Rizzini/Brescia design, is roughly similar to CG and about 25 other makes. Because almost all of the other makers produced budget guns with fairly limited lifespans, the wise and worldly shotgun gurus out there assumed (wrongly) that CGs and now Fabarms are just tarted up budget guns and basically junk. Incredibly, despite all the evidence to the contrary, some people still think that. In fact the budget guns were only cheap because they were built down to a price and not because the action design was intrinsically poor. When built to a good standard such guns work reliably and hold up very well to long term use. 

I didn't get on with a Cynergy either though being a complete tart for new tech at the time I did seriously fancy the plastic stock back in 2008/9.  I note that despite the gun being discontinued some while back there are dealers with brand new ones in stock to this day.

I replaced my ill fated Benelli 828U Sport with a 5 year old Blaser F3 - exquisitely made if you can find one at an affordable price.

I replaced my ill fated Benelli 828U Sport with a 5 year old Blaser F3 - exquisitely made if you can find one at an affordable price.
I stil think Benelli did a lot of things right in their attempts at the 828, was sorry to read that yours let you down indefinitely. As "different" goes, I'd fancy trying one, but not while they haven't been properly sorted. I tried to see whether there are new and improved versions, but I don't think there are.    

Are there any shooters who own, have owned or extensively used one without issues?

The Fabarm action, in being based on the Rizzini/Brescia design, is roughly similar to CG and about 25 other makes. Because almost all of the other makers produced budget guns with fairly limited lifespans, the wise and worldly shotgun gurus out there assumed (wrongly) that CGs and now Fabarms are just tarted up budget guns and basically junk. Incredibly, despite all the evidence to the contrary, some people still think that. In fact the budget guns were only cheap because they were built down to a price and not because the action design was intrinsically poor. When built to a good standard such guns work reliably and hold up very well to long term use. 
So they felt the need to redesign the action with replaceable wear parts because??????😁😁😁😁

Jasper. 

So they felt the need to redesign the action with replaceable wear parts because??????😁😁😁😁

Jasper. 
Because if you use the gun a hell of a lot they become loose, this allows you to retighten, a lot of other makes do the same

If you want something a little off the wall but very proven, look at the browning 525 SL laminate. Proven design and a little funky looking but getting rave reviews.
I quite like it, but I have funky taste (or a lack of it). The laminated woods tend to be heavy though. 

Jasper. 
Because they watched Beretta continually shooting themselves in the foot with the SV10, 692, early DT11 etc. and decided to offer new products with something extra, so basically it's just marketing bulldust. But old beliefs die hard and there are still folks who can't accept that CG makes fully competitive competition guns. Alternatively, all those people shooting CGs at registered shoots these days could of course be mugs.

I've bought my CG used about 4 years ago. The top lever is still in the same place and it's still nice and tight. If it ever gets sloppy I will have the forend spacer piece replaced with an oversize one. Exactly like the system on DT10s/11s for when they get floppy.

Well I did have a smug reply penned but then who really cares . Shoot what you want and enjoy....

Jasper.

Latest posts

Back