Leather gun slip

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

The full length zip on my gun slip has broken, can’t move the zip up or down. I’ve tried to contact the makers..... Parsons of Birmingham... but no reply, and companies house show they were dissolved in 2015.

I don’t fancy shelling out the better part of £150 if I could get the zip replaced.

SO.... do any of you know where I might get the zip replaced. I’ve tried various businesses local to me, but none are able to help.

I’ve been using the slip for over 20 years and it’s got a nice “worn” appearance about it and it would be a huge shame to bin it 

First call ( if you haven’t already done it ) is to ring all of your local saddle and tack repair places . I’ve found them extremely helpful with leather repairs for gun slips and cartridge bags . Last repair I had done was Having the block end of the slip re-stitched . It cost the princely sum of a tenner . 

If you can’t get any joy there , try ringing Brady ( they’re in Birmingham too ) or Croots,  they can only say no.

Ps for a nice leather gunslip you might be a bit light at £150 

Brady, can’t say I’ve heard of them, but it’s worth a try 👍👍

Kin ell, your right £150 IS a bit light for a decent leather gunslip 😬😬😟

First call ( if you haven’t already done it ) is to ring all of your local saddle and tack repair places . I’ve found them extremely helpful with leather repairs for gun slips and cartridge bags
me too and amazon has been a great source for me for heavy duty zips in strange lengths that slips and bags always seem to use

Places like timpsons and dry cleaners in general do this but not sure whether they tackle leather. Last week enquired with a few about a cushion one that broke off, was quoted about 10-15 quid. Hope that helps. 

The Repair shop on TV, Suzie will make it all as good as new 😁

Second MartynB, local saddeler would be your best bet, helps sometimes to live out in the sticks

Thanks for the help folks. I’ve found a saddle maker who might be able to replace the zip, if not then it’s Brady’s or Coots and ask them 👍

I had my Croots zip replaced and also they lengthened the gunslip by adding an extension piece to the end to make it more comfortable for the gun since I fitted extended chokes and it cost about £90, I left it with them at the Game Fair last year.

Croots to for us, Phil had a leather gun slip from them and last week the block end came away from the slip, stitching had come apart, a phone call on Tuesday to them, sent it back to them and by Friday had a response from them to say it will be £28 to replace the new end. Can’t be any fairer than that, and the young gentleman we spoke to really knew his stuff and was so polite, would recommend all the time.  

Back