DT10 adjustable comb removal

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devin

Hello, 

I am struggling to remove the adjustable comb from a DT10 that I have just purchased. I have undone the two outside screws, as per the handbook, and the comb becomes loose (it’s spring loaded?)  yet I am unable to get the comb all the way off. The middle screw seems to be causing the issue, yet when I attempt to remove it, it just spins round and round (in both directions) 

Has anyone experienced a similar problem before? Any tips on how to resolve the issue would be gratefully received. 

Cheers 

Have you a picture as I'm not sure where the middle screw is, Beretta's normally have just the two, is it a Beretta OME adjustable or aftermarket one thats been fitted

The thread strips on the vertical locking piece so the middle screw and turns aimlessly. To get the top part off I used a screw driver to lever the vertical locking piece over and used a bit of strength to yank it apart. I think there's a replacement part listed on the Beretta E store. I don't actually use the stock as it is right handed and I'm a lefty. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you a picture as I'm not sure where the middle screw is, Beretta's normally have just the two, is it a Beretta OME adjustable or aftermarket one thats been fitted
The two outside screws loosen the comb (it’s spring loaded) the middle screw seems to be preventing the comb from coming off completely 

42E5CE9B-69D0-40B1-8F8B-8F36BD1076B5.jpeg

https://www.beretta.com/assets/12/29/Beretta_Over___Under_User_Manual.pdf

Pages 22 and beyond. The middle screw is the "memory screw", which should only lock the others in place once set to your preferred stance. 
Hi, thanks for the link.. This is the manual I referred to in the op, the comb loosens but will not come off

The thread strips on the vertical locking piece so the middle screw and turns aimlessly. To get the top part off I used a screw driver to lever the vertical locking piece over and used a bit of strength to yank it apart. I think there's a replacement part listed on the Beretta E store. I don't actually use the stock as it is right handed and I'm a lefty. 
Thanks for the reply Phil, if the middle piece breaks, will the gun still be usable do you know? 

The two outside screws loosen the comb (it’s spring loaded) the middle screw seems to be preventing the comb from coming off completely 

View attachment 8322

Hi, thanks for the link.. This is the manual I referred to in the op, the comb loosens but will not come off

Thanks for the reply Phil, if the middle piece breaks, will the gun still be usable do you know? 
Probably, given the two outer screws tighten against the pillars. That should hold it secure, same as other adjustable stocks.  A lot of adjustable stocks now use spacers (washers, if you like) placed over the pillars to maintain the correct height. I use Perazzi spacers on my stock which come as a set of 2 x 1mm, 2 x 2mm, 2 x 4mm and 2 x 8mm. Might be worth a search on Google to see what other spacers are about. 

I'm away at the moment but can pull mine apart on Monday to confirm. 

Beretta actually sell washers (spacer) sets in the exact measurements of the pillars in the B-fast range of stocks. Plastic-ish, but given that you probably don't want to add weight by stacking up iron washers, a plastic or composite makes sense. In Beretta fashion they are no bargain though, costing some twenty euro's for forty tiny plastic bits. I'm sure there are places that sell delrin washers at a fraction, but you'd probably have to buy them in boxes of a hundred and you'd be searching for the right sizes too. 

Primarily I was hoping to somehow drop the comb as low as it can possibly go, just a few mm lower would be ideal I think. Secondly, I can move the comb laterally with relative ease, I hoped I could tighten up (the front post?) at the same time. 

If all else fails you can sand down the comb, which will be easier than dropping it further into the stock, as the comb hardware requires inletting, which wouldn't be very easy (for me at any rate). I don't think I've seen them sold separately, but Beretta customer service probably would sort you on that if it really goes sideways 😝

Hi Devin, 

The photo below is of my Beretta factory adjustable stock. The housing of the centre Allen screw has had the thread stripped, so it is unable to lock the adjustment. However, the spring loaded Allen screws either side of it when tightened move a section of the opposite side towards the two posts located on the comb and the serrated section of the post interlocks onto the serrated section of the side where you insert the Allen key.

My thought of using spacers/washers to ensure the correct height is maintained would involve removing the centre piece between the posts and is really not an option. Provided the serrated sections aren't damaged and the two Allen screws aren't over tightened and the housing threads stripped then there's no reason why the stock couldn't be used without the central memory screw. 

IMG_20200901_164048.jpg

I had this problem with the adjuster, I just removed the part standing proud from the stock, the comb never worked loose, just lost the memory, not a problem really.

Thanks for the advice all. 

As suggested, I forced the comb off (not enjoyable but no damage done) and removed the spring loaded piece of plastic. Tightened everything back up and it’s sitting as I had hoped and no longer moving when fired. 

Cheers 

Latest posts

Back