Hodnet Challenge (30th December 2012)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky T

I know that it's a fair way off but the date for the Hodnet Challenge 2012 has been set as Sunday 30th December.

It's postal entries only, and the entry forms will be in the back of all the usual shooting magazines in the next month or so. It's an Open competition (not registered) and prices are usually £35 or £20/juniors.

If you've not been to Hodnet before this is a great excuse to have a shoot there and it would be cracking to have a Chrimbo ShootClay get together there.

Thanks Nicky, will put the date in the diary and look out for entry forms.

Do you know whether it is squaded? I have attended in previous years, but as it was not squaded (and a little over subscribed) have ended up in a shooter pile up at the top of the hill ... not a great place to wait a few hours at -6degs!

Such a lovely shooting ground - unfortunately, I'll be away for Christmas and New Year, so I'll have to skip - but I'm jealous , its a fantastic ground and will be a good event.

I've shot it for the past four years and its never been squadded. We normally start (and finish) early though; if you get there late you can experience hold ups...

Never visited "The Mecca" but will make the effort for this one :)

You know it makes sense teepee :) by all accounts THE best sporting venue in the land I hear :)

it does seem to make all them flat ground shoots seem utter sh*te in comparison

Any one who has never shot WMSG needs to put it on the list of things to do before I die. If you enjoy Sporting, you will love Hodnet.

As for comments such as " It's a long way", "It's a bit of a way" ? All I can say is that there are numerous Scots, such as Stuart Cumming, Bobby Bruce, Colin Will etc., who regularly make the journey. Remember these guys often give up a days work and Hogmanay celebrations to be at Hodnet.

It really is a beautiful place.

i will be going to this shoot i do like this ground but they did stiff me 2 years ago when i won b class and received no prize .

Latest posts

Back