Who's where!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's only 4 working days,i,ve narrowed it down to 2 grounds/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Depends on weather for me. Now cut off for averages is past I'm getting ready to put gun away for the winter. Might do Kibworth if weather isn't too bad.

First up is ej churchill reg on Thursday Weekend: A lot of choice for me. Caterham, hornet and Weston.. Hornet most likely as I haven't been for while and it is nearest too.CSC3

No choice for me this weekend.... collect new car on Friday - then off to France on Friday afternoon for a weekend with the wifes family.Next weekend will be right back into the registered rhythm.

Little 50 bird straw Baler at Lane End first on Sunday with the parents then hoping we get round reasonably quick so I can get in to Hornet on the way home /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

weather depending may get to churchills not sure if valley view is on but if im on my own will go for weston wood or hornet, ive been told that hornet is hard, so im looking forward to the challenge

Wouldn't say hornet was any harder than anywhere else, I always seem to struggle at Weston more than anywhere

IMO, the standard of targets and difficulty at Hornet varies. It can be sensible or a grueller. I once went there on a hideous windy day last year and I think it was one of the best considered target settings I had ever seen as the wind was fully accomodated for and the shoot was great. Other days, I have felt that there were some overly difficult edge birds that were a pain. The scores there vary from shoot to shoot. The big plus with Weston Wood is that it is a very reliable product. Like going to a good restaurant, you know a bad meal won't be served. You know that Steve will put on 24 targets that are interesting, often tough, but all reasonable and visible. (His days of some crazy stuff are consigned to the past it seems. I think that won him another 50 entries per shoot..) I still like Hornet a lot on a good day, but find that about 1 shoot in 5 there I dont enjoy so much. CSC3

EdSolomons said:

Depends on weather for me. Now cut off for averages is past I'm getting ready to put gun away for the winter. Might do Kibworth if weather isn't too bad.
You've been saying your gonna put the beast away for months,but it's still come's out every weekend /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif do you do any game shooting Ed?

I might go to Weston if Im not working, it will be my third Reg' shoot if I can make it, then I can be put into C class /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif.

Ha yes end of oct is always my cut off as it's the end for averages and I don't really like shooting in the cold (plus I'm shooting awful at the mo) but my mate is just back from a few months away and is working at kibbo so would be rude not to drop in! Have done a phew pheasants shoots when asked (got one on dec 17 I think) but not keen on paying for it- seems horrifically over priced to me. Love pigeons but not had the time to do them in any serious manner for years- hope to do a few days round Xmas with glen!

Yes will have to warm the barrels around Xmas for sure! It is on the agenda! 90 yarders here I come ;-)Oh and the 36gram 4's! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

how could he Glen shoot anything else after the way he's been promoting it - if you didn't know any better you'd think he was sponsored with the stuff  /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Yeah I have saved the all the sh*t shells for you mate 21gram fibre wad steel.......that ok!!!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Back